Thirteen

One of the reasons why Felix brought peace to Changbin's heart, was the fact that when they were together, Changbin didn't care about anything else. When he was with Felix, it didn't matter if he knew the future or not, because for him, it felt correct to be next to Felix. And everything that has to do with him, seemed like the right thing.

And that's why waking up every morning for two weeks with Felix hugging him, was the most beautiful thing to ever experience. Even if some of those days he wouldn't be able to see the future for a while after waking up. The arms of the younger one surrounding him delicately, were delightful. And the way Felix would be so careful to not touch his ankle while sleeping, was incredibly heartwarming for Changbin.

Like that, Changbin started to care less about what he could see or what he could not. He was starting to act like a normal person who says what comes to his mind and reacts as his first instincts tell him too. And somehow, he discovered that even if he didn't care about following the script, he would actually follow it anyways. Not forcefully, he just followed it because that was actually what was in his heart. Somehow, the script just represented his own emotions so he would act the same way he was supposed to even if he didn't try to.

"You are aware of the fact that the ointment was supposed to be put on there before sleeping, right?" Changbin asked playfully, looking at Felix.

"Nah, this is healed already. It's just protocole," the Australian answered as he carefully smeared the salve on Changbin's ankle.

Changbin chuckled and observed as Felix carefully wrapped the bandage around part of his foot and covering his ankle. The two weeks were almost over now, just two days more and Changbin would have to go back home and back to his job too. Not that he was actually excited about not having Felix around all the time, but he also didn't want to make his boyfriend more busy than he was already.

As November was starting, so were the preparations for the Christmas/Winter festival of December.

Even if Changbin got free from work, the University was a different story and he had to assist to his classes nonetheless. And now that November had come, he had to work with Jisung and Chan. All the students of K-Arts needed to participate in the festivals one way or another and of course Changbin wasn't the expectation, nor any of his friends.

The Visual Arts Faculty was expected to make the decorations for the festival, the entire setting was on their hands. An art exhibition had to be done too. The Music faculty had deal with the audio and music for the performances and also had to make presentations of their own. The Drama and Film faculty were working together on a series of short films that would be presented during the the days the festival was going to last. And finally, the Dance faculty had to, well, dance.

The Dance faculty was probably the one with the least amount of responsibilities for the festival. And Changbin couldn't help it but feel a little bit jealous about Hyunjin and Minho, they had it easy. As for Felix, the boy had to help with the decoration of the event and also make his own painting or drawing for the art exhibition. Changbin had to monitor the audio settings for several performances (which was a pain in the ass, because people would always put some lighting where they weren't supposed to or connect the cables the wrong way). Plus, he had to collaborate with Jisung and Chan and help the music arrangements for both the dance performances and the vocal ones.

"I don't want you to leave in two days," Felix crooned, holding onto Changbin's arm as they were both sitting on the couch that morning.

"You will be too busy to take care of me, Freckles," Changbin said, ruffling Felix's hair. "And I'm okay now, you said it yourself."

Felix pouted and muttered something that sounded like Me and my big mouth but Changbin couldn't hear it well. Felix got closer to Changbin, holding him tightly and looking like a cat. Changbin took the moment to appreciate Felix's beautiful features and the unconsciously started to count the freckles on his face. Most of them concentrated on his cheeks.

"Are they seventy five?" He asked after a while.

"Uh?" Felix turned his head around, looking at Changbin's eyes.

"Your freckles," he explained, "I was trying to count them."

"Ah," Felix didn't say anything else after this for a while. "I'm not sure, people used to say that if I counted them, I would get more. So I didn't count them when I was younger and then I just lost the interest on my freckles."

They looked into each other's eyes for a few seconds, without saying a word. Then Changbin leaned on a little bit, just enough to leave a short peck on the younger's lips. Felix smiled and so did Changbin.

"They are beautiful, just like you."

And Felix grabbed his neck and pull him so he could kiss him again.

"Please don't do this to me," Hyunjin appeared in the living room, Changbin and Felix separated almost immediately. "Why are you two even awake? You have nothing to do until like 11," he complained and walked to the kitchen.

Both guys laughed and hugged each other one more time while Hyunjin prepared a bowl of cereal for himself and then sat on the other couch.

"Isn't your first class today at 10?" Felix asked.

Hyunjin swallowed the spoonful of cereal he had just taken in before answering, "Yes, I do. But I will walk with Jeongin today, his first class is at 9:30 and it's not a big difference."

"Doesn't he generally walks with Seungmin?" Changbin asked.

"Uh huh," he hummed with his mouth full of cereal, "But Seungmin is starting with the preparatives for the festival already and has to be there really early."

"Oh, man. That sucks," Felix commented and Hyunjin nodded from his seat.

"Yeah, I know," Hyunjin sighed, "They will probably take advantage of how he doesn't know how to say no and make him do a bunch of things," Hyunjin frowned. "They will overwork my baby..." he added at the end, but it was more of an angry murmur than anything else.

"Did you just say 'my baby'?" Felix asked with a little bit of surprise coloring his tone.

Hyunjin blushed, not expecting to be heard, "Nope, I'm pretty sure you misheard," and quickly abandoned the room as his cereal bowl was over.

Felix turned around and looked at Changbin with one eyebrow raised.

"He said my baby, right?"

"Yes, he did."

"Oh, my god," and Felix covered his mouth with his small hands, "Do you think those three...?" He didn't need to finish the question since it was completely obvious what he wanted to say.

"I'm not sure," Changbin answered sincerely and Felix pouted.

"I hope they solve their shit soon, I hate to see Hyunjin so down sometimes," Felix said, his face changing into a concerned one.

"Me too," he sighed, remembering the day Hyunjin was crying on his shoulder. Luckily, after that, Changbin hadn't seen the boy looking so wrecked or confused anymore. He seemed just as bright as he generally was and that was such a big relief for him and everybody. Deep inside, he knew that Jeongin and Seungmin didn't mean any bad for Hyunjin either and that they were probably just as confused as the older one. But the quicker they realize what was going on between the three of them, the better.

Changbin focused his attention back to Felix, who was absentmindedly playing with the end of the sleeve of Changbin's sweater.

"Are you okay?" Changbin asked him, placing his hand carefully on the boy's cheek.

Felix looked at him and their eyes locked again, staring into each other's souls with such a simple act. Changbin could see all the feeling that Felix was trying to transmit to him through his eyes and for a second, he felt overwhelmed.

"I love you, Seo Changbin," Felix murmured.

It was really slow and soft, like he was making sure that Changbin would hear it perfectly. And Changbin's heart stopped beating for a few seconds. The red taking over his face and the nerves raising. He hid his face on Felix's neck and inhaled two times before answering.

"I love you even more, Lee Felix."

And he could feel Felix exhale all the oxygen he was probably containing. Maybe he thought he'd said it too fast as Changbin took so long to answer him, but no. Changbin was sure he loved the boy that now had wrapped his arms around him.