Marry Her

"Marry me." Cam said from one knee down on the floor in the middle of the mall. I laughed and pulled him up to his feet. "Stop playing around Cameron and help me pick out a dress for Sophie's wedding." I said fingering dresses on the rack.

Yes my friend Sophie who I use to work with at the Café is getting married and has invited me to attend this weekend.

Cam chuckled and just stood back and watched me look through the dresses. "What a help you turned out to be." I said rolling my eyes at him. Cam came up behind me, warped his arms around my waist and kissed my neck. "You'll look beautiful in anything babe." He said in my ear. "Here, I think this would look good on you." He said picking out a navy blue silk dress that went down to my feet.

It was a beautiful dress. I took it from Cam and examined it. It was strapless and slimming and the back was low cut. "I love it." I whispered. "Then it's settled, we'll get the dress and leave." Cam smiled. "Well not yet, I have to get shoes and jewelry too." I giggled walking to the checkout line. Cam let out a loud sigh and dragged after me.

After three hours in the mall we finally left and headed back to my place. When I got home and hung my dress up and put everything away I saw Cam passed out on my bed snoring loudly. "You ass." I laughed under my breath.

But to thank him for putting up with me all day I decided to cook him dinner. I made baked chicken, greens, cornbread, black eye peas and vegetables. Just as I was pulling the chicken out of the oven Cam was coming out the room rubbing his eyes and yawning.

"I thought I smelt something cooking." He smiled jumping up on a barstool and watched me season the last of the food. "Yeah just a little thank you for today." I smiled. "Well I should take you shopping more often then." He laughed. Once I fixed our plates we sat in the living room and ate in silence as we watched cartoons on t.v.

"Come on we should go to bed." Cam said taking our plates and putting them in the dishwasher. He pulled me to the bedroom and stripped to his boxers. I moaned. "But I'm to lazy to get ready for bed." I whined. Cam laughed. "Come here." He said.

I shuffled over to him. Cam pulled my shirt over my head, pulled my shorts down leaving me in only my bar and panties then he turned me around and tied my hair up in a bun.

"How's that?" He asked. I just smiled and crawled into bed. Cam did the same and pulled me to his chest and softly played with my hair until I fell Asleep.

"Do you Sophie Edwards take this man, Joseph James to be your lawfully wed husband?" The pastor asked Sophie. Sophie smiled big at her soon to he husband and said "I Do." "And do you Joseph James take this woman, Sophie Edwards to be your lawfully wed wife?" The pastor asked Joseph. He looked into Sophie's eyes for a moment and said. "I do."  "Now with the power vested in me I now pronounce you man and wife, you may kiss the bride. And they sealed the deal with a kiss.

I looked over at Cam and saw he was already starting at me smiling. "What?" I giggled "Nothing." He said looking away still smiling. During the reception music played and the children ran around and the adults talked and danced. Me and Cam were dancing to the cupid shuffle when Sophie took the microphone and stopped the music.

"Okay ladies gather around, it's time for the tossing of the marriage flowers." She said. I just sat down at the table and watched the girls go crazy and push and shove each other. it was quite funny. Cam walked to the bar to get us some drinks as it started.

"Okay ready girls?" Sophie asked. the crowd of women cheered. Sophie turned her back on the stage and threw the flowers up over her head and towards the crowd. I watched the flowers fly through the air and disappear into the pit of women.

Then I waited to see who the lucky girl was. As the crowd parted and people moved I saw Cam in the middle of the crowd holding the flowers smiling at me. I gasped and covered my mouth with my hands. Cam walked up to me and got down on one keen in front of me as I sat in a chair and said. "Lux Michelle Valentine, will you marry me?" He asked with nervousness in his eyes. I looked out at the whole room full of people who stared at us waiting on my answer. "Yes!" I screamed throwing my arms around his neck. Everyone cheered and clapped. Cam picked me up and swung me around in circles.

"I promise I'll make you happy." He whispered in my ear. "And I promise to do the same." I said kissing his lips.

********************************

Sorry I haven't been updated I just got back from vacation in New Orleans and school starts in a week. But only one chapter left of this book.

Love, Tia