The Tale Begins . . . [[plus some Disclaimers]]

[[Harry Potter belongs to J. K. Rowling. Fullmetal Alchemist belongs to Hiromu Arakawa. The only things that belong to me are the events in this story and any characters that are not familiar.]]

If you are reading this, that means you've found us. And you've found the place where it all began, at least for me. To be honest, I've never been much of a storyteller but after all that's happened, I felt I had to preserve what has happened somehow. So now, here we are.

However I must warn you, this particular tale will lead you to question everything you thought you knew about the world. I know it has for me.

Who am I, you ask? Well, do you want the truth . . . or the easy answer? Because the truth, well...there's no easy way to say it, even after all these years. I suppose you could say I don't really have a name now. At least . . . not officially. To some, I don't even exist.

But that's not the point of us meeting like this, is it? I know the truth, that is all that matters.

And I am here to give it to you. If you don't think you can handle it, then feel free to leave this page, go read some other little tale of love-struck vampires, high school dramas, thrillers, whatever makes you happy. But none of them know what I know. None of them know the danger we are in.

. . .

.    .    .

Oh alright, I'm just pulling your leg there. There's no danger, not for you, safely at home with your computer, having a nice read at the end of the day. It's not as if you'll suddenly be whisked away to our world with no memory or anything right?

. . . Right! Because really, that sort of thing just doesn't happen.

.  .  .  Right?

Well . . . at any rate, I do hope you will come to see this tale as just what it is, a tale. Because for you, that's all this story will ever be. It's not much comfort to us but it's really all we have. The only chance of getting the truth out there. Not that you'll ever believe it . . .