08. brooms

     HARPER MADE HER WAY towards the Great Hall the next morning and had a hard time keeping her eyes open

     HARPER MADE HER WAY towards the Great Hall the next morning and had a hard time keeping her eyes open. She was happy they hadn't been caught the previous night, though they got to meet some adventure along the way.

When she entered the Great Hall, she looked at the Slytherin to spot a certain blond haired boy. She grinned broadly when she saw the shocked expression on his face. Still smiling, she collapsed on the seat next to Ron.

"Just seeing the look on Malfoy's face makes our near death experience totally worth it," she said dreamily.

Harry turned his head to look at Malfoy. "I bet he thought we would get caught."

"That little git," Harper muttered under her breath. "Is there anyone that actually likes him?"

"Probably his mum," Ron said, shrugging.

Harper laughed and laughed up when the owls arrived. She saw Dale and Hedwig each carrying a large packet and she frowned.

What could that be?

They dropped the packages in front of them together with a letter. Harper took it and started reading it to Harry and Ron.

"DO NOT OPEN THE PARCEL AT THE TABLE.

It contains your new Nimbus Two Thousand, but I don't want everyone knowing you've got a broomstick or they'll all want one. Oliver Wood will meet you two tonight on the Quidditch Field at seven o'clock for your first training session.

Professor McGonagall"

Her head snapped up and she smiled brightly at Harry and Ron.

"Nimbus Two Thousand! I have never even touched one," Ron moaned.

"Let's go then!" Harper said while carefully grabbing the package and dashing out of the Great Hall. Just as they were about to take the stairs, Crabbe and Goyle showed up, blocking their way. Malfoy snatched Harry's package out of his hands and felt it.

"That's a broomstick," he said with a mix of jealousy and spit, while throwing it back to Harry. "You'll be in for this time, Potters, first-years aren't allowed to have broomsticks."