PROLOGUE

Life's been miserable for Mia. She did not have a father growing up and at twenty-one years old, her mother died because of breast cancer. She didn't have any relative to turn to. All she could rely on was just herself so she worked hard, she worked so hard to forget the pain she was feeling. She worked as a waitress, cashier at a department store and later became an assistant of a celebrity, Dawn Paulman. At her vacant time, she enjoyed writing inspirational novels until it became her profession, at twenty-eight years old, she quit being Dawn's assistant and focused on writing until she became a famous writer. She was also a great speaker and every University was booking her just to give a speech. People look up to her, she inspires them to live and one of those was her husband. They got married when she was thirty years old and they tried their best to have a child. They thought it was impossible because Mia was turning thirty-six. Their hope was fading but unexpectedly, a miracle happened. At thirty-six years old, Mia found out about her pregnancy and they were the happiest couple. They had a baby girl, who they named as Mira Isabella. Mia was in her happiest state of life. She has book signings everywhere, book publishing companies bid for her works and she has a great family to cherish life with. She got a home, a home she was longing to have but the misfortune emanated... she was attending a book signing event at a mall and her husband was about to fetch her along with their daughter when their car was hit by a truck. Mia was looking out for them while she signs five remaining books from her fans. Right after the signing, she received a call from the hospital that her husband and Mira was dead on arrival.

After that, Mia was never seen by the public, maybe they have, but she is unrecognizable now with her messy brunette hair almost covering her face, her eye bags show that she's not getting enough sleep and her skin is so pale with wrinkles. It really explicates that she's still devastated. She lives by the bay and she barely goes out but she is out now viewing the city on top of a forty-eight floors building of which she sneaked in... She is standing by the edge ready to meet death. Yes, she's suicidal for three years now. She was planning for this and now is the time... She has been scared for this but for her, there is no reason to live anymore... This is her only choice... to meet with DEATH...

Breathe in... she closed her eyes as she readies herself to dive... She took a deep breath again... This is it... One, two, three.... she was about to jump when she felt someone already hugging her down to her waist.

"WHAT ARE YOU F*CKING TRYING TO DO???" she heard a woman's scream. Mia looks down and found the woman sucking her left side of face on her back while hugging her waist so tight hindering her to dive.

"Who are you? Can you let go of me?" she asked annoyed at the woman.

"NO! I won't let you go until you come off!" the woman tightened her hug.

Mia sighed so deep and with her 'trying to calm' voice, she said, "Okay, let go of me, I'll come down."

"I am not a fool," the woman said and suddenly pulled her down causing them to fall on the ground.

"WHAT THE F*CK ARE YOU DOING?" Mia shouted annoyed as they both hurt on the ground because of the fall.

"NO, WHAT THE F*CK ARE YOU DOING?" the woman asked back so annoyed too. "ARE YOU OUTTA YOUR MIND? YOU HAVE A LIFE TO LIVE AND YOU'RE GOING TO WASTE IT TO DEATH? YOU ARE CRAZY!"

"I REALLY AM, OKAY? SO BACK OFF WOMAN!"

"I AM NOT A WOMAN!"

"SO YOU'RE A MAN?"

"I MEAN, I HAVE A NAME! I AM AIMEE AND I AM GOING TO DIE! I HAVE A CANCER!" suddenly she bursts into tears. "I am going to die. You see, you are lucky, okay? You have a life to live so please, don't waste it."