Chapter 12

"How's Australia?" I ask. "Good. I miss you guys." Bree smiles. "We miss you too! Well Chase and Adam do. I have Skype." I laugh.

"I come home in 3 months!" She smiles. "We almost died in a fire yesterday." I tell her. Her expression falls. "What?"

"Yeah. Davenport sent Adam, Chase, and I to a 5 alarm fire at a chemical plant and the building collapsed. We barely made it out alive." I explain. "Oh my god. Macie I'm so sorry." She sighs. I shake my head. "It's fine." I smile.

She sighs. "Who's that?" I hear a girl ask. "I have to go." She whispers and hangs up.

My phone rings and I pick it up. "Chase-" "Macie you have to get down here now." He pants and hangs up. I look at my phone funny and teleport.

I land in the lab where 6 feds stand. "Oh man not again!" I exclaim. They turn to look at me. "Miss we need to wand you." The fed says. I shrug. They quickly do the wandy thingie and it goes off on my chip. "Bionic. Just as I thought." The wand guy says.

"Macie over here." Chase calls me over to a computer. "Are we getting arrested?" I whisper. "No, something more serious." Chase replies, nodding to his computer. "Douglas attacked the pentagon." Marcus explains. "And he stole all of the weapons, including the most dangerous combat robot on earth." The general says. "Wait. Does the president know about this?" I ask.

"No." He replies. "Good." I smile. "We need you to help us. This could very well turn into a world war." He sighs. "I'll let you in on a secret." I say cautiously. Chase does a scan for a hidden camera, then we tell him about Stephen.

"Can you get that kid over here?" General asks. I nod and text him.

Stephen can you come over?

He texts me back. Yes

See you in a few.

"He's coming over sir." I tell General. He thanks me and turns back to his soldiers. I sit on a stool and watch him. I look at my phone and read my iBook. The general leaves with Davenport to another room.

Chase leans over and kisses my cheek. "You're just so cute!" He giggles. I smile and look at the floor. "Why do you always do that?" He asks. I don't answer him.

He stands up and I do the same. We lace our fingers together and he rests his forehead against mine. "I love you." He beams. I lean up to kiss him.

"Okay that's never going to come out of my mind." Leo whines. I look over to see everyone looking at us. I blush and jump away. "Leo you have 3 seconds to run." Chase warns. "Huh?" Leo asks. Chase super speeds over and pounces on Leo.

"Oh leave them alone Dooley. I think it's cute." The General smiles. I just stand there, too shocked and weirded out to know what to do. "Sir what are we going to do?" I ask. Stephen casually walks in tapping away at his phone. Everyone points a gun to his head. He looks at me with wide eyes and screams a little. "What's going on?" He asks in a small voice.

"It's okay. That's Stephen." I call. They drop the weapons and he runs over to me like a scared puppy. He even clings to me! "Alright kid. What do we need to know about Douglas?" General asks. Stephen starts talking.

My dad motions for me to come to him. "What's up?" I ask. "I made new combat suits. They will make you indestructible against Douglas's army." He says. I nod.

"Whoa! Okay! I came to have a good time, and I'm honestly feeling so attacked right now!" Stephen whines. I giggle.

"Okay then, we can lock you up in a lab if you don't want to-" "OKAY!" He screams.