One Step

The wirr of your motorcycle was muffled by your patterned plastic helmet. Safety is a necessity, especially when you were about to go into the forest

You finally arrived. The trees looked down on you, the October wind howled and clawed at your frosted face. Despite your constant, dull poker face, you were mortified. You had to do this.

You see dear reader, you are about to enter the woods of the so called, 'slenderman'. You aren't a total celebrity, but you definitely are a very successful visual artist. You posted your drawings on deviantart, and a lot of people buy your work. You sell your photography on multiple different sites and gatherings; and you act in a play for children every now and then. You've found a way to get paid for your hobby, and life is going smoothly. Of course, I realize whoever is reading this must be wondering,'if my life is so good, why should I do this? I'm risking my life, and for what?', why, you dear reader, have been obsessively researching creepypasta. You gathered as much information as pleased, every second of the day was spent reading about Jeff the killer, and people who killed to worship the creepypasta, Slenderman. Yet, you found yourself itching for more. You needed to feel the adrenaline. So you searched up the places that had sightings of the slenderman, and you chose the place that seemed to be most practical for that being. The fourth section of your country's greatest forest, with the tallest tree's that were either thin and swung side to side, or thick and stood still, listening to the wind.
"Breathtaking," you exhaled. For a few moments, you stood there. Just taking it all in. This was like your experience on a roller coaster, just in a different order. In that sort of ride, you scream and panic and feel sick, but you love that feeling. Of course, when you get used to it, you come to admire the beauty of being so incredibly high up. As you can see, there's the pattern. Except, in this case, there is no pattern, you decide if you want to admire the beauty or be terrified. Perhaps be both during many different times.

You walked towards the woods. You were right in front of them now, and with that in mind, you took one step into your doom.

But are you in danger?