Chapter 1: A day in the life of me

10 years have gone by so fast. Have I  accomplished enough yet? I thought these things, taking a long drag of my cigarette. I am currently sitting on my window ledge looking down at the poeple outside. It's 6:00 in the morning and almost time for my 5 mile run then off to see my bestie.

  I climb back inside my room to be greeted by my very happy pitbull, Bandit. He's grey with blue eyes and filled with energy. He's only 5 months but still seems small.

"You ready to go for a run bandit?" In response to this he runs to the door and waits. I get changed into some Black Nike shorts with a blue sports bra and baggy shirt. I then put black socks on and next comes my black and white Nikes.I look in the mirror and put my hair up. I grab Bandit's leash and head for the stairs. 

"Luna," my father calls for me. 

"Yes apu?" Apu is Hungarian for dad. 

"It is almost time Luna," my father says and I see sadness in his eyes as he looks up from his papers. 

"Apu," I speak quietly,"en nem akarok itt hagyni."I don't want to leave you. 

"Tudod, hogy en munkam, es azt hiszem, nem tudom megvedeni eleg."  You know my line of work and I believe i can't protect you enough. 

  With this I sigh. My father, Bernard Slater, is one of the biggest drug lords in America. He is well respected and is not one to be messed with. He is always trying to keep me safe but I was safer in Hungaria then in America.

My thoughts are interrupted by Bandit pulling the leash. I quickly check the time and see it is 6:23. 

"Apu I am going for my run, I love you." before he can reply I leave out the front door. I place my headphones in and exit the front gate. Almost instantly Bandit and I run in a quick pace. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  I finished my run after about an hour. I get to the front gate and notice my father is gone like usual. I step inside and unhook Bandit getting him water right away. I turn and walk to my room to shower in my ensuite. 

    After my shower I go to my walk in-closet and pick out my outfit for today.I put on a white thong and lace bra. I then put on my favorite light blue skinny jeans that are ripped at the knees. For a top I decided on a white loose fitting tank-top with some plaid Steve Madden 'Ecentrcf' slip on sneakers. I put on some light eye shadow with eyeliner and mascara. And to finish,clear lip-gloss. I brush my hair, grab my bag and head for my white BMW x5/x6. Once in,I put my favorite CD in and pull out of the drive way.

I start my drive to the cafe for breakfast when my favorite song plays. 

"Why can't you want me like the other boys do? They stare at me while I stare at you." Crave You by Flight Facilities.

After about 5 minutes I see my best-friend, Alice Moore, through the cafe window. Alice is 21 and from Korea. She is gorgeous. She has beautiful dark brown eyes and hair. She's 5"5 and a model. We met at the age of 17 in our last year of high-school. 

I walk inside and hear an impatient sounding Alice say ,"Luna there you are."

"Alice stop being so impatient, I bet you were only waiting here for a couple minutes," I say rolling my eyes at my dramatic best-friend.  

"Whatever, here's your caramel macchiato," she laughs and passes me my beverage. 

We sit in silence for 5 minutes and Alice finally breaks the silence,"You're leaving soon aren't you?"