CHAPTER 16: My Good Friend....Cedric

MAX

Even though I had wished to become mates with Tori some other time and more of a romantic way, I guess that this was just as great. Now she was officially mine. Other werewolves would know it as well as her kind. 

When I woke up, it was a little after two in the morning and it seemed like everyone was asleep. Except for Reece and a few of my other guys that were surrounding the house on the look out. 

I put on my shirt and some pants and walked outside in the front where Reece was at. 

"Hey Reece." I said as I stood beside him. 

"Hey Alpha." He yawns while trying to wake up some more by rubbing his eyes. 

"I want to thank you." I tell him. 

"For what?" He asks. 

"For everything. For always being a great friend and a great Beta. I've never really thanked you." I tell him. 

"You going soft on me?" He asks while coking one of his eyebrows. 

"Shut up man." I tell him. 

"Well, you're welcome." He says and I notice that by the look on his face, he is wanting to say something but is not sure if he should or not. 

"What's going on?" I ask him. 

He takes in a deep breath and let's it out before beginning. 

"I've found my mate." He tells me. 

"Really? Shit why didn't you tell me? Who is it? When did you meet them?" I asked excited. 

"Calm down. They aren't someone you know." He says. 

"Okay. Who is she though?" 

"HE's the Beta of another pack. His name's Dante and he's really cool and is really cute." He mumbles the last part. 

"He?" I asked surprised. 

"Yeah." He says while still avoiding eye contact with me. 

I pat him on the back. 

"Congratulations bro." I tell him with a big smile. 

He looks at me surprised and a little confused. 

"You're not upset?" He asks. 

"Why would I be? My Beta and best friend found their mate." I smile at him more. 

He begins to smile real big. 

"Thanks." He says sounding relieved. 

"Look, you're my best friend and my Second in Command, I just want you to be as happy as I am in finding a mate, no matter who they are." I assure him. 

"I appreciate it." He says. 

"You're welcome. And I'll let you tell the guys when you're ready." I promise him. 

"Well actually, they already know." He hesitantly says. 

"What? Before me?" I ask.

"I wasn't sure in how you'd react." 

I scowl at him for a brief moment before saying anything because I can see on one hand how hard it must have been to tell me but then on the other hand, we're like brothers and do tell each other everything. 

"I understand." I assure him. 

We share a moment of silence before he breaks it by somewhat changing the subject. 

"Well congratulations on you and Tori. You guys are great together." He smiles at me. 

"Thank you. I never thought I would ever become the person who would ever find their mate." I joke. 

We both begin to laugh a little bit before one of my guys runs up to us from the woods dragging somebody by their collar. 

"We found this son-of-a-bitch snooping around in the woods and claims to know Tori." He says. 

"Is that so?" I look at the guy. "Who are you and how do you know Tori?" I ask.

"I'm one of her good friends here and I have information on your uncle's whereabouts and her aunt's." He claims. 

I look at him a little more and then gesture with my head for the guys to take him inside. Then after me and Reece head inside as well, we have the guys continue to hold him while I stand in front of him with my arms crossed over my chest. 

"What do you know?" I demand. 

"First I want to see that Tori is okay." He says. 

"You are in no position to tell me what to do." I smirk at him. "So again, I ask you, what do you know?"

We stared at each other for a few moments without saying anything until I turned around from hearing my mate's soft and sweet voice. 

"Cedric?" She says. 

I turn and see her walking down the stairs towards us. 

"You know this guy?" I asked. 

"Yeah. He's a great friend of mine." She continues while still looking at him.  "What are you doing here?" She smiles while hugging him. "Let him go guys, he's okay." she tells my men. 

"I don't have much time but, I know where your aunt and his uncle are." He began. 

"Where?" She asks concerned. 

"They're with my step-father, Atlantes." He says.  

That's all I needed to hear before I stomped over towards him and began hitting him hard and then knocking him out cold, having my guys prying me off of him. 

This son-of-a-bitch has no idea how much of a mistake it was for him to come here, but he will find out soon enough when he wakes up again. 

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)