Also Hoping

AN: And this is from Anna to Bear, which is what makes a possible romance between them so wonderful, and so beautiful. They already both have feelings, though they don't know it yet--only we know, because we've read these letters, get it?? So we'll see...Lots of you guys have been asking for a sequel to LWC, anyway, so maybe I could just make it about the four of them...?

🐻🌺🍰🌺🍰🌺🍰🌺🍰🌺🍰🌺🐻

Dear Bear,

I hope it's all right that I call you that, though we only met the one time. It just seemed like everyone called you that, though I know your given Christian name is Barrett, after the wonderful English poet. I'll just call you Bear, since I have no intention of ever sending this letter lol!

This is Anna, BTW, Charlie McAllister's little sister; we met at his movie premiere? Wow, that sounds surreal, doesn't it? But that's how life's been for Charlie these last few years, and therefore, by association, for us. And also, in a terrible, awful way, I know, for your sister, Jane.

But this letter isn't about Charlie and Jane, who seem to be doing fine these days, it's about you and me, if you don't mind. It's obvious just to look at you that you're not hurting for female attention. You're gorgeous, if I may say (and I may, since this missive is going exactly nowhere, as I said earlier). You have the most expressive eyes, and your laugh is just contagious. I was sitting next to you during the movie, and it was just, well, wonderful, kind of huge and booming, inviting everyone who could hear it to laugh along with you, if you get what I mean?

I've always been kind of awkward and gawky, and all those awful sounding words; Charlie got all of the pretty when it was handed out to our family, unfortunately; even his soul is beautiful, so I can't even hate him for being handsome, because he's such a wonderful person, damn him lol. In that way, he's kind of like you, I guess.

At the after party, I heard you talking to Jane, and you were so kind. You even made time to talk to me, and boys usually don't even know I'm here, you know? It was kind of marvelous, how there were so many gorgeous, model and movie starlet types there, but you stayed with me and made me feel part of the party. I want to thank you for that. Charlie looked for me a couple of times (he does that, you know, he looks to see that I'm okay), and he smiled and carried on after he saw that I was with you because he knew that I was fine.

Oh, why is this so difficult? What I'm trying to say, very inarticulately, is that, even though you're going to be starting your last year of school in a few months (a senior, right? is that what it's called in America?), and that's a really big deal, maybe you'd consider going on this trip that Jane and Charlie are going to take this summer? Because I'm kind of in love with you, and I know they've invited you...

I couldn't even begin to hope that my going would be an incentive for you to come, but, wow, it would be so much fun for me if you did?

Love, Anna