The Shawshank Redemption Review (SPOILERS)

The Shawshank Redemption is a classic film. It is genuinely amazing. It has great dialogue, acting, and story. It has several emotional scenes as well as some humorous ones. It also has some very disturbing scenes in it.

The positives about this movie are pretty much everything. To me it is one of the most perfect film ever made and remains my 3rd favorite film of all time. The dialogue is great. The actors are amazing (especially Morgan Freeman, but seriously, what did you expect?). Andy Dufraine is a really great character who is relatable to. The movie has this amazing way of getting it's point across. If it wants you to laugh, you laugh. If it wants you to cry, you cry. If it wants you to be genuinely disturbed, then you are genuinely disturbed. My only negative about this film is the ending. I think it would have been much better if it was kind of an open ending, like the book. Whereas we see Morgan Freeman searching for the clues, but never see him find Andy. It just leaves on a "did he find him or did he not" ending. Up to our interpretation. Also, the movie isn't very rewatchable. I think I watch the movie once about every 6-8 months. Other than those two very small negatives, the movie is amazing.

10/10