Chapter 21: Tara

It's now dusk, and Uriah and I are heading towards the hills. I see ash being lifted into the night sky.

"Uriah?" I ask.

"Come on, that's where we're headed." He grasps my hand gently and we run towards the ash.

I see darkened figuers in the distance, and my heart stops. My Dauntless is here!

I stop in my tracks.

"They're all here?"

"Yeah. We all missed you. Go, I'll be right behind you." 

I peck Uriah on the lips and my legs fly.

I hear cheerful shrieks in the upcoming distance.

I start to see familiar faces, Shauna, Zeke, Tris, Four, Mar and Lynn and Brady, but one stands out to me, Nicola.

"Tara!" I hear a familiar voice cheer. I see the same familiar face and run to her.\

"Nicola!" we both then get closer and embrace, crouching on the floor, Nicola sobbing on my sholder.

"I've missed you so much! I love you and please never leave us again!" I hug her tighter.

"I'm never going away!" I cry into her hair.

Suddenly people start surrounding us.

I get embraced by everyone, I missed their embrace.

"So, did Uriah ask you yet?" Marlene squeals.

"What?" I ask. Uriah runs up.

"Uri, is there something you wanted to ask me?" I ask.

He looks at Marlene, with wide eyes.

"Mar!" he says in a pissed tone.

"Oh no! Sorry!" she wails.

"What's going on?"

Uriah pulls me to the side and pulls out a petite chest from his jacket.

"Tara Riley, I am so, madly in love with you. I've never stopped loving you and I know that I never will. Will you marry me? Be my one and only?" Oh shit! 

He pulls out a delicate hoop, and stares into my eyes, there's so much love in them.

"Yes! Of course! I will!"