- C Y C L E -(Phantomtale Part 1)

Three-hundred genocide routes.

It has been three-hundred genocide routes and they succeeded them all.

Why are they doing this?

Do they think it's some kind of sick and twisted joke to go around and turn monsters into complete dust?

Sky leaned against the wall at the center of the bright and golden hall. He was wearing a gray shirt, black shorts with white stripes going vertical on the sides, and decent shoes. Over the shirt, he a light blue and green jacket with a white fluffy hood attached to it.

He was holding a bright red and yellow scarf that had looked torn. Particles of dust rested on the scarf. The skeleton's happy grin he always had now turned into a frown.

Not only he had seen his brother die before his eyesockets thirteen times, but he found the rest of the monsters turned into dust.

All of his acquaintances, friends, family, and even his past enemies were all dead. . .

Because of them. . .

Many monsters died. . .

Because of them. . .

The Underground now has a indistinct and mute atmosphere. . .

Because of them. . .

Sky has never felt so much pain and agony. . .

Because of them. . .

He never felt so much. . .

R A G E.

Grasping the red cloth tightly, he lifted himself up quickly, starting to prepare for what's going to happen next. . .again.

Instead of settling his scarf around his scrawny neck as usual, he decided to do something different. He started to slowly wrap the cloth over the left sleeve of his jacket, securing it in a compact knot.

The moving osteology stood up, turning to the wall at the far end of the bright hall. He slowly closed his eyesockets, remembering the many dust particles that rested on top of the torn scarf.

His brother's scarf.

Footsteps echoed through the hall, making the skeleton snap out of his thoughts and look to see who it was.

He blinked.

There stood a human adolescent. They wore a blue shirt with two big red stripes on it, dark blue shorts, and small brown shoes. The child only seemed to be slightly covered in one thing.

Dust.

All of the monsters' dust.

All of the monsters' families' dust.

All of his friends' dust.

His brother's dust.

The skeleton quickly turned on his signature happy grin.

I'm right as usual, he thought.

He knew he was right.

This was his...301st time being right.

One second passed.

The child smiled slowly as they opened their crimson red eyes.

Four seconds passed.

The child quickly glitched to a child that wore a green and yellow striped shirt, brown shorts and brown shoes before glitching back to themself.

Eight seconds passed.

Rage was pestering the skeleton. A fire burned in his mind and throat. The fire blazed more in him as he heard the child giggle, twirling the knife in delight. The knife they were carrying was a bright crimson, reflecting off the gleaming and burning light in the hallway. Deep inside, he could feel the daggers aiming at him from within that smile. He tried to keep a straight face, irritated by their expression.

Oh, that smile.

That damned satanic smile.

That same smile that they had while they killed his friends mercilessly.

That same smile that they had while they killed his brother mercilessly.

Oh, how he wanted to wipe that smile off of their face.

Ba dum.

Ba dum.

Ba dum.

Sky's heartbeat seemed to echo in the hall as the anger deep within him started to boil in his system. His anger was craving for the destruction-wait. . .no. . .he shouldn't be thinking that. He doesn't want to become like them.

He is doing this to defeat them once and for all, not for vengeance.

Or. . .is it for vengeance?

Shaking the thoughts out of his mind, the skeleton started to talk, his voice cracking slightly.

"It's a beautiful day outside. . .

Birds are singing. . . . . .

Flowers are blooming.

On days like these. . .

Kids like you. . ."

The skeleton's left eye flickered a bright blue and grinned wider as he launched his first attack at the human.

"Should be burning in Hell."