Chapter 6 - Garp's Resolve

A/N: Uhhhhh... I'm very sorry for the late update. I finally got a work (yaaaay!) and kinda have a massive writer's block.

About the note last chapter, Thank you very much for those who still remained despite the possible bl pairing that will happen here.

Annnnddd let's all thanks Royiah for proofreading this fic. Without her you all are suffering to my grammar mistakes. So thank her as well :)

Enjoy!!!!

Hours had passed since Garp and Marco left to talk with Whitebeard, worrying the two brothers as Luffy was still inside the operating room. Ace's patience thinning, no matter how many times he has been reprimanded that nothing was his fault he still can't help but think otherwise. He knew the feeling wouldn't completely go away until he was sure that Luffy is okay, alive and kicking.

Ace clutched Luffy's straw-hat to his chest, Sabo had grabbed it along with their other belongings before they took Luffy to Whitebeard's ship. The clicking of the door and hinges sounded throughout the silent room, Ace and Sabo spot Chris walking out of the operating room. She has shoulder-length raven hair, copper-red colored eyes complementing her pale complexion, and resting atop her small button nose was thin-rimmed glasses.

They rush to Chris intent clear on their faces. "How's Luffy?" Sabo and Ace asked in unison. Chris gave them a small smile nodding.

"He's out of danger. We removed the bullet shard from his body successfully, stabilizing him" The two brothers let out a huge breath of relief, the weight on their shoulders lifting at the news of Luffy's health.

"Can we see him now?" Sabo asked hopefully.

"Usually we don't let any visitors in just after we finish an operation as the patient needs to rest but I know how worried you two are about your little brother, so I'll make an exception." Chris' eyes soften seeing the happy relief on the two boys faces. "But you two will bathe yourselves first or I won't let you enter the infirmary. I won't have your bother getting any sicker because we let you two fell ill as well." Chris scolded them.

Sabo and Ace stiffen looking at each other. The two almost laugh when they see each other, Ace's dried tear streaks on his face, hair tousled in every direction andtheir clothes were covered in dirt.But what Sabo noticed about his brother is how his expression brightens, the shadow of guilt may not be completely gone but had lessened. It was a relief to Sabo knowing his brothers are going to be fine. Sabo smiled at the thought of them being safe if only temporary, a small piece of the burden being lifted off his shoulder's. He just hoped that it could last until they were healed completely.

XXX

Whitebeard and Garp were staring intently at each other whilst Marco carefully observed the two, waiting for who would speak first.

"Newgate." Garp broke the silence. He turned to Marco for a moment before looking back at Whitebeard again. Whitebeard clearly get the message.

"Marco, leave us." Marco opened his mouth to object, but Whitebeard shook his head. "Don't worry, I'll be fine." Whitebeard reassured. Marco let out a small sigh and turned to Garp glaring.

"Do something funny and you're done for." Marco threatened before leaving. Garp shrugged, not caring at all about the threat. Even if he could understand why Marco was hostile with him. He was a marine who trespassed on their ship and now he was talking to their captain without anyone to back him up. It doesn't matter how they felt, Garp was here to speak about something important with Newgate. He knows that Marco was the most trusted of Newgate's crew but Garp couldn't afford to be careless. It already happened once, and it cost him the futures of his precious grandchildren, he wouldn't allow it to happen a second time.