{ Chapter 2 }

{Chapter 2: Childhood Memories}
The next afternoon was spent with everyone rushing about. Tonight was opening night afterall, there was no room for error. Ink sat in the dressing room, brushing out the wrinkles in the dress he wore. He frowned at the fact he had to wear one, but hey acting just was that way sometimes, when you can sing high notes like a female. "I wonder how smoothly this is going to run tonight.." Ink mumbled, standing up. He fastened the matching ribbon to his skull, and then walked out.

"You look great Ink!" Blue beamed, giving the other an excited wave, and a snicker. "Oh thanks, you do too Blue." Ink rolled his eyes at the snort. "Nice new pointers, I'm sure you'll be the star between all of the ballet dancers." The shorter of them shook his head. "Did you hear about all the regals coming out to see tonight's proformances? They probably were interested in your talent, seeing Lust isn't the best singer for these kinds of operas anyway."

Ink blushed, feeling very flattered. "R-really? I'm sure Monsieur Cross and Nightmare have done well at their companying." Alter soon stepped into the room, and gathered everyone. "Boys, we've got thirteen minutes until those curtains open up, and what we have been rehearsing for months will be put on. Give it all you've got." They all nodded, smiling at one another. 

As the minutes passed, Ink could feel his stomach turning. He wasn't specifically nervous, he just didn't know what to expect. He hadn't ever preformed a solo in front of a crowd this large, and from the quiet chattering on the other side of the curtains, he knew it was a large one. He took one last deep breath before positioning himself on the stage.

The curtains went up, and the candles lining the stage to light it seemed brighter then ever. As the music began, once again Ink felt the familiar feeling of its soft tune, and no longer felt that turning in his gut. He looked up to the crowd, and began his song.

---

Dream had been sitting up in a box seat of the opera house. He had needed a night to see a show and just relax. He was always interested in the arts, and found great entertainment in them. Once the curtains went up, his eyes glazed over the stage until they met the star. For a moment he thought nothing of it until they began singing. His voice was familiar..

It took him until the last verse to realize just who it was. "Can it be? Can it really be Ink?" He muttered as he made his way toward the stage, knowing he needed to see for himself to know if his eyes didn't just deceive him.

Ink was sitting in his dressing room, untying the shoes he wore, when a quiet knock was heard. He sighed, figuring it was just more flowers and stood up. Carefully Ink opened it, only to be met with a familiar set of eyes. "D-dream??" "Ink!" They both spoke in unison, before the ink splotched skeleton opened the door, letting the other in.

"Ink! I cannot believe it's really you.." Ink giggled and nodded. "I didn't think I would ever see you again Dream. Not after my parents passed and I was moved here." Dream pulled Ink into a hug, nuzzling the other softly. "It's been so long since those childhood days. I think back on them all the time."

Ink hugged back, he had missed Dream dearly. The two of them used to be so close before. "You know what? Why don't you come with me tonight, and we'll go to main square." The smaller one rubbed his eye. "Dream, while I'm flattered-" The crowned one beamed, letting go. Taking Ink's hands instead, he looked into his eyes.

"I'll get the carriage ready, and you could even wear what you've got on! I'll be back to get you in a moment!" He then kissed Ink's hand, and then left the room.

"...Silly bones didn't even-"

Ink was cut off by a sudden voice.