Eight: Sneak Peek...s

Note: Hello, loves of my life. I hope you're all doing great.

For those of you that don't know, production on Bodyguard II is in full-swing! I've written quite a few chapters so far and if all goes well, it will be published around early-mid November. I've been pushing back the publication date for the sole reason of wanting to write as many chapters as I can so that if any life hiccups do arise, I'm not forced to put the book on hold or anything like that. Oh, and there's also the fact that I want to make this book as enjoyable as possible for all of you. I hope it lives up to my expectations for it.

That being said, two things:

One. Since Bodyguard has been a constant thought at the back of my mind for the past - well, infinite number of months - I decided to embrace the snowflakes. What does that mean? It means that for our senior dress-up day, I went as a Snow Queen - as a nod to Snowflake.

I was totally feeling myself that day, so I figured I'd show you. :) (So, here's a face reveal, I guess?)

 :)  (So, here's a face reveal, I guess?)

Two

Two. Please enjoy this snippet from one of the chapters of Bodyguard II, with no context. :)

✧ ✧ ✧

The stifled noise of the bullet exiting the gun chamber barely sounded throughout the room, and was followed by a much more noticeable thud as Night Flyer's lifeless body hit the carpeted floor.

Seth made haste of looting the mutant's body, fishing out any and all tech that Corporation could track and unforgivingly crushing it with his foot. Meanwhile, Aaron rushed over to the window facing the alley Seth had previously waited in, opening it and calling for Roman and Dean over the comm.

Brendon worked on cleaning up the bullet wound in Flyer's forehead in an attempt to minimize the amount of blood spilling onto the apartment floor. Despite the fact that he managed to stop the blood flow from Flyer's head, the immediate vicinity of the eggshell carpet was littered with blood spatter. Usually, he wouldn't have cared, but this wasn't the assailant's apartment – it was Jack's.

Cursing under his breath, the agent hurried over to the kitchen and yanked open the cabinet under the sink, looking for anything that contained hydrogen peroxide.

"Urie," Seth called out, huffing as he dragged the deadweight of Night Flyer over to the open window Aaron was at, "Reigns and Ambrose are here. We need to move."

"Yeah, yeah," Brendon nervously chewed on his lip as he continued scanning the contents of the cabinet. His eyes landed on a quarter-filled bottle of Clorox, and he hurriedly grabbed it, knocking over a few other bottles in the process but not caring as he sprinted over to the affected area. "The two of you get him and yourselves out; I just need a minute to clean this shit up."

Seth nodded even though Brendon wasn't looking at him, before gesturing to Aaron to help hoist Flyer up and out of the window. Dean and Roman were stationed in the alley below, feet planted shoulder-width apart and arms outstretched as they prepared to catch the falling body. Between the two of them, they were able to catch it with minimal effort and once they had a grasp on it, they moved to the van they had parked adjacent to some dumpsters.

"Got him?" Dean questioned.

"Yeah," Roman nodded and cocked his head at the van, "Get the door."

Dean let go of Flyer's feet and opened the door, helping Roman to get the dead mutant inside before hopping in himself.

Roman looked back and caught sight of Seth climbing his way down to safety, and Aaron using his propellers to lower himself down. The two of them sprinted over to the van, too, and scrambled into the back with Dean and the corpse.

"Where's Urie?" Roman quizzed, worry started to seep into the psyche of the Samoan. "He needs to get out. Jack entered the building the same time we reached the alley. Urie," Roman pressed a finger to his comm and instinctively rushed forward again, "you need to get out. Now!"

"I know, I know," Brendon answered sneeringly, gritting his teeth as he scrub scrub scrubbed the carpet, ridding it of the fowl red that had unwillingly been painted on it. He made a mental note to use the injection on the others, to avoid wasting precious time on clean up that could've so easily been avoided.

He seriously needed to re-evaluate his attachment to guns.

The jiggle of the front door's doorknob caused Brendon to jump up immediately, fingers fumbling to screw the cap back on the bottle as he ran to shove it back into the cabinet and close the door.

A creak signalled that the door was opening now, and Brendon didn't have time to think about his escape plan. All he could do was run.

And throw himself out of the window.

✧ ✧ ✧