Takashi Shirogane x Reader: Scars

Sort of fanservice-y, sort of deep. ALL GUD SPACE DAD. X3

This was mostly inspired by Zillabean's art of Shiro. I love the way she draws his scars <3 It's so beautiful.

You yawned as you lazily shuffled your way through the castle, a still sleepy expression on your face. It was around six and everyone, at least to your knowledge, was still asleep. You needed a pick-me-up, and what could be better than a fresh glass of milk? Your route naturally lead to Kultenecker, however, it was imperative to get a cup first. You weren't an uncivilized savage after all. You headed to the kitchen, your drowsiness lulling your eyes shut as you trudged in the entrance.

Suddenly, your body met with something hard and you stumbled back. Before you could even process what was happening, a familiar deep voice filled the air,

"Whoops, sorry (name). Didn't see you there."

"Hm?"

You rubbed your drowsy eyes and only opened them enough to see in front of you.

Oh. It was just a sweaty, shirtless Shiro.

...

Wait...

What!?

Your eyes slowly widened open, blinking frantically to make sure you weren't dreaming. Your entire face burned at the sight: Shiro was ridiculously built, his torso riddled with muscles you didn't even know existed. The thin layer of perspiration on his skin didn't help the situation either, the soft glisten making his curves stand out even more.

You panicked and looked to his face, desparately trying not to make this awkward.

"O-Oh," you stammered, struggling to look into those lovely dark eyes of his,

"Morning, Shiro."

He gave a small smile and stepped aside to grant you access to the kitchen,

"You're up early," he said as you scooched past him.

You chuckled nervously, "Yea, went to bed early, so I'm up early."

You blushed as you searched for a cup in the many storage nooks, feeling Shiro's watchful gaze on you,

"You're up early, too," you said, you finally seizing a decently sized cup.

The male was quiet, though he really didn't have to explain why he was up. The sweat that made his white tuft of hair stick to his forehead, the slight heavy breathing that made his broad chest ocsillate, and the small towel that lay draped on his arm, was evidence enough (he'd been working out ;3).

Shiro smirked when you turned to him again, holding up his own cup,

"Looks like we had the same idea."

You smiled shyly, surprised you hadn't noticed it before.

With that, you both proceeded to your destination. You gripped your cup, your eyes scanning Shiro's body as you walked a bit behind him.

You were strangely drawn to the scars that decorated his skin. Some where faded and some looked new. Somehow this unorthodox mismatch of scars made him seem so...mesmerizing.

Shiro wasn't one to talk about his past much. He probably didn't particularly enjoy recalling the bleak moments in his year as a Galra prisoner. You couldn't even imagine what he must have gone through.

After a few more silent paces, you and Shiro made it to Kultenecker's pen where she was passively chewing on the hay in her slackjawed mouth.

"Morning, girl," you said as you stroked her back, Kultenecker giving a quiet moo.