one

pre-apocalypsechapter one

pre-apocalypse
chapter one

—————————————————

Malachi wasn't sure where he brought himself into. He was that terrified, helpless and he had no other options. He knew about this place, but he was in the constant of reluctance to come to this place. He heard that it's supposedly the safe haven for people like him.

Mutants, it's what they're called, he wasn't sure who call them that. Mutants are the people with abilities, those who are not ordinary, those who are not normal human beings, some Mutants look obvious with their strange physical appearance and some may look normal that may blend into a crowd but they have something to hide.

Malachi Clark may look normal to you, but he has few things that he hides. He's fine with the abilities he has, but it's something else that scares him.

"You really think this is the answer?" He laughed as if making fun of Kai.

The voice inside his head made him frown, he tries to ignore him. Kai's eyes closed and took a deep breath before exhaling sharply. He pushed the gate open, the gate creaks as he walked forward onto the driveway towards the mansion. There wasn't a single person in sight, it was night and late could be past twelve and everyone could be asleep. It was a wonder if he should wait until morning, but there was nowhere else he can go to and he was tired.

Malachi was astonished by the sight of the mansion, of its size, it looked a lot bigger than what he had seen on posters. He wanted to say something good about it, but the voice inside his head commented before Kai could, "Jesus Christ, that is a fucking castle"

Kai sighed sharply and sheepishly. He didn't respond to his comment.

When he reached the footsteps of the mansion, he glanced up momentarily, most of the lights within the building were out, windows were all dark and some still had their lights on. He walked forward until he was a foot away from the door. There was a doorbell on the doorframe, he pressed the button and there was a ding-dong sound from the inside. He didn't realize how nervous he got as his hands began to shake and his heart quickened.

No one answered. Neither he heard any noises from the other side of the door, maybe he really should've waited until daytime. He tried to ring the bell again, but no one answered.

"Want me to knock it down, Kai?" He asked.

"No!" Kai exclaimed, "Could you just go away for once?!"

"I'm just trying to help. Gosh" he frowned as he folded his arms and rolled his eyes.

Kai shook his head, squeezed his eyes shut and dropped his arms. His hands ran across his face then through his hair in frustration. He turned around and sat down on the stony doorsteps. He pulled his hood up over his head, pulled his sleeves around his hands, wrapped his arms around his knees and rested his chin on his arms. Cold and tired.