28. An idle threat

Will and George were out, so Sara was home alone. She had bought a notebook and was sitting with it, trying to come up with ideas for youtube videos.

What to know about Denmark? No.. People don't want to hear things about such an insignificant country as Denmark... Maybe Danes... But that's probably it. How to look good? Then you could make fun of it, and make yourself really ugly... Wait... Jenna Marbles already did that... Come on, come on! Can't you come up with just one original idea? I looked around the room to get some inspiration. Hairspray. Hmm... Hairspray: It's really good and it keeps my hair in place. It's sticky and it hurts when it gets in your eyes... No... Ugh, this is so hard... Then I heard a knock on the door. I went to see who it was, but when I opened the door, there was no one there. Well, that's pretty odd. I closed the door and heard a crack under my feet. It was a small piece of paper. It said: 'stay away from Will and George.' Was this a threat? And how did this person get into the building? All sorts of questions came to my mind. I didn't really want to be the mysterious girl from George's live show anymore, but would revealing my identity just make it worse?

I needed some air to clear my head, and get some inspiration. I went out for a walk. I went by a kiosk. Should I? No. I shouldn't... But of course, the temptation overwhelmed me. I got in and bought a pack of Marlboro. I hadn't smoked since the first night I was out with Stephanie, Brady and Luke... I knew Will wouldn't like it... But I just needed one. One couldn't hurt, right? I sat down on a bench nearby and pulled one cigarette out and lit it. I inhaled the smoke and slowly exhaled. Wow. This was more relaxing than I remembered.

A lot had happened the last couple of days. The plane incident, George's live show and now this creepy note. It all made me really dazed and anxious, so to be able to relax like this, was a blessing. Maybe that could be a video? Kids, smoking is bad for you, but darn is it relaxing... Great role model right there, Sara! I sighed deeply. A girl sat down beside me.

"Does Will know about you smoking?" the girl said quietly. I looked up, and then I recognized her. The girl from yesterday. The girl with the evil eyes.

"Who are you?" I said.

"That's none of your concern. But I know who you are." The girl said.

"What?"

"I saw you yesterday. Kissing Will. It sickened me." She said. "You're Sara. Will's girlfriend."

"The truth is out!" I joked, trying to make the conversation less creepy. The girl moved closer to my face.

"Listen now. You stay away from Will and George. You break-up with Will, move out of their flat, and never contact them again." She whispered.

"Are you threatening me?" I said stunned. She stood up.

"You know.. Accidents happen." She said and walked on. I quickly put out the cigarette and started running. I didn't care if people looked at me funny. I needed to get to my flat immediately. I ran up the stairs of our building, ran into our flat and locked the door. I slid down the door, and just started tearing up. This was too much for me. Why was I crying? Sure, the girl was really creepy, and she had threatened me, but she was like 15? What could she possibly do? Someone started knocking the door. Oh no. It was her. I was sure. What was she going to do? The knocking got louder. What should I do? Oh, God... Then I heard a voice from the other side of the door: "Sara! It's Will! Let me in! I forgot my key!" Will said. I opened the door and I threw myself into Will's arms and started crying again.

"Wowowowow. What's wrong? What happened?" Will asked me. I then found the creepy note and showed it to him. "Okay, I knew some of my fans were crazy, but this is just... You shouldn't think too much about it. It's probably just an idle threat." He said.

"Nonono. It's one of the girls we met yesterday! I met her again today, and she said if I didn't stop all contact with you two, something would happen to me." I said sobbingly.

"This is not okay. We need to do something." Will said. "I think we need to tell my fans who you are."

"How would that make it any better?" I said.

"If we explain what has happened, and how happy we are together, they'd understand. My fans don't want to cause any harm to me, or the people I love." Will said reassuringly.

"Okay. I'm just so scared, Will. You should have seen her." I said.

"What were you doing outside anyway?"

"I just needed some fresh air..." I said. Sara, didn't you promise you wouldn't lie to him anymore? "...through a filter."

"What? What does that mean?"

"I had a cigarette."

"Oh.. Okay. Did you start smoking again?" Will said quite disappointed.

"Nonono. I only had one. I was just so stressed and agitated that I needed to relax. I'm not going to start again!" I said.

"I wouldn't judge you if you did. I mean, it's your choice. But I would prefer a girlfriend, who doesn't taste like cigarette butts." Will joked.

"Don't worry. That won't happen." I said and kissed him.

"Ugh... Yep, I can definitely taste it." Will said and made a funny face. "But I'm glad you told me."

"Of course. I don't need to hide anything from you." I said.