Jeon Jungkook | When I was Your Man (😭)

1831 words

Ex lovers + moving on AU

Inspired by
🎵 Bruno Mars; When I was your Man 🎵

Very first chapter that i guess you could say... angst. So yEsh enjoy!
💛 (indicates flashbacks)

Jungkook's POV

You looked happier... I guess I could say. Watching you from afar as your new lover spins you around, arms around your waist, as a way to get his ice cream cone back, that you happily licked. Not giving a shit that you probably looked like a fatass with two gigantic desserts encircled by your small hands.

You let out the loudest giggle catching the attention of other groups/individuals roaming around the park on this fine Thursday afternoon. And man you had my eyes on you the second you two entered the premises.

It really wasn't my intention to find you two here and watch every move that you make. It wasn't my intention to pause my afternoon run, just to see if your boyfriend bought the right flavor, after you telling him to surprise you?

"Strawberry please."

I nodded my head at his answer, eyes landing on you after you praised him for this small thing that he remembered.

It was the little things that made you happy. I guess I was just too big of a jerk to realize that.

And lastly, it wasn't my intention to hurt you... but I guess I did.

💛

"Babe, listen to this," before I even got to ask you took out the earbud from your right ear placing it on my left.

Scrolling your thumb from right to left, restarting the song you so badly wanted us to listen to together.

As the chorus came, I smiled sweetly at her realizing her song choice was basically our love story. The cliche, best friends become lovers.

"It's good huh?" You excitingly ask making me peck the side of your face before agreeing. From that day on, "Lucky" became our song.

💛

From all the songs that could've been played as I allowed shuffle to control my list of songs, our song had to come on. Letting the sweet melody play into my ears as the memory replayed in my head. It was a good song, I can't lie, but it don't sound the same.

And I blame myself for it. And you hated when I did that, always blaming myself for the smallest mistakes. Those past events that led to arguments could've been dealt with if it wasn't for my stupidity and understanding my well being first.

"E-Excuse me? Oppa would you like to take care of this flower for me? My omma said I can't bring home too many but I don't want these pretty flowers to go to waste." A little girl about 7 I think, comes up to me holding a lilac coloured flower to my face.

Flowers, lol.

💛

"Aww Jungkook-ah these are beautiful," you sweetly smiled as you took the bouquet of flowers that I handed to you.