Prologue

Hey guys, this is one of my brand-new and original stories so it might still be a little shaky. Thank you so much for taking the time and giving it a chance. I know It's not the best and I know there's always room for improvement so please, by all means, let me know which parts makes no sense. 

Please: Vote, Comment, and Follow! It would mean the world to me!

---

"The first ever junior student body president Horizon High has ever seen." My idiotic brother just crossed his arms and nodded once. "Damn I'm related to a legend.."

"Don't you dare try to pull your stupid pranks or get into any trouble." I grinded my teeth, fixing my hair in the rearview. "I'm the one that's gonna land your ass in detention if you do, Victor."

My brother glared at me through the corner of his eyes. "Wow. I see where your loyalty is."

"That's right." I returned his glare. "And it doesn't lie with stupidity."

"You're mean, Val."

Yes, I am. I have to be from now on so other students; especially the upset seniors so they don't walk all over me. When I won the election at the end of last year, I got more than a couple letters of hate from the popular group of kids. They originally wanted the typical bitchy queen bee to win so she can dictate the dress code and everything. That's the thing about Horizon; the students have more say than the faculty. If more than 80% of the students agree on something, then the administration people have no choice but to listen.

Something the original founder didn't think would backfire.

"Are you just going to pass out here, Victor?" I asked, unbuckling my seatbelt.

My brother leaned his chair back and heavily sighed. "Yeah. I got about an hour of sleep, right?"

"I'm sorry."

"So now you're nice to me." He mumbled, closing his eyes. "A little late for that."

I hit his arm. "I'm always nice to you because you are the best brother anyone can have."

"Okay now you're taking it too far." Victor cleared his throat. "Just go already before Felix kills me for taking you to school late."

"Okay! Bye, little bro!" I ruffled his neat hair and left the car before he could react.

"We're twins!" he yelled out my door just as I closed it.

Yeah, we're born on the same day in the same hour.

But I'm twelve minutes older which makes me the older sibling. At least, Dad likes to think of it that way.

The parking lot was still empty with only a couple cars scattered here and there. Victor chose a pretty good spot that's right under one of the huge oak trees used for shadows. That way when we're done with school, our asses aren't frying on the leather seats of the Honda civic. Comes with the perk of having to come to school an hour before the first bell.

Horizon High School isn't private but it's one of those places where you have to take an exam to be able to attend. While I scored an almost perfect grade, my brother barely passed. If he wasn't born with the soccer skills of kid Lionel Messi, he never would've made it. His grades are constantly average and sometimes dangerously below so it's my job to tutor him at home.

Nevertheless, Horizon has a reputation of producing all Ivy League graduates. It's not a private school but there is a requirement on dress codes: red blazer, white button up shirt/blouse with a black tie. Guys get to wear nice slacks and girls has to wear black skirts. Shoes are just black flats or dress shoes.