Chapter 20

Okay...So....here we are. This chapter is only the start of an emotional trainwreck. 

Lately I've been struggling with not beginning to edit the story as a whole...Because once I start editing I tend not to finish the actual story. So I'm basically trying to get the whole story done ad them I'm going to go back and edit, making the story cleaner ans stuff. 

I won't be posting the edited version on wattpad. Honestly, I'm probably going to try to send it to an author (I actually have some personal connections with a few. Any of you read Of Light and Darkness?) and see if they can help me out with editing and then try to send it to a publisher. I'm actually really excited because I've never gotten so far in a story before to where I could be contemplating what I want to do once I'm done with it! 

One last thing. I just want to thank you all for reading, voting and commenting on my story because it means so much to me! I've almost hit 20,000 reads and nearly 900 votes! I remember when it started with 1...Anyway, please continue to show your support and please please please comment more! I absolutely love seeing what you guys have to say about the story and I guarantee that I will reply to every one of them! 

Enjoy!

~~*~~

*Taryn POV*

I’m ashamed to say that for the next week, I spoke minimally with Sebastian, if at all. He seemed to understand it. He didn’t push me when I sat down in class next to him or he sat next to me. I could tell that he was getting slightly weaker and slightly more worried every day that passed. After all, I was the one that was in control of whether he stayed a werewolf or became a human. Whether we lived together with a connection or whether we drifted apart with time. 

Whether or not we had a better chance of living at all. 

The newly formed relationship with my mother was damaged now. Not broken, just…damaged. It was entirely my fault, refusing to speak or have anything to do with her until she left on yet another business trip near the end of that week. She had come into my room the night before she left, trying to mend what had been dented, but I rejected it and sent her off without another word. 

My dad was still gone. 

Jacob had become my temporary guardian because I wouldn’t allow Sebastian to come anywhere near my house, which I demanded to stay at despite the danger. It seemed Sebastian trusted Jacob enough because he pleaded all of the first day, with me hardly acknowledging his existence, to keep someone with me at night. I finally relented and let the werewolf sleep in the guest bedroom opposite mine. 

My heart throbbed the first time he entered Joey’s old room.

The only good news was that the bandage Sebastian and Xena had put on my wounds made them heal within just a few days and I was able to take off the bandages for good. I would have permanent scars on my leg and shoulder, but nothing that I couldn’t live with. 

At the end of that week, Sebastian approached me no matter how much I tried to avoid him. His gaze was about as pained as mine as he neared me. Both of us had taken a toll from being separated, but it felt slightly muted now, like it was being muffled by a pillow. 

“Wait.” Sebastian said, grabbing me by the wrist as I tried to flee from him. “Please wait Taryn. Please listen.”

When I didn’t move, he took it as a sign to keep talking. “I-I know that this is painful for you. Believe me, I know. But please don’t feel like you have to do anything for me. I can’t ask you to become a werewolf, but you can ask me to become a human. I just fear for our future if we do. I can’t guarantee your safety if I become a human because my father will come after you.”