Chapter Forty-Seven

Dr. Maxwell opened the door and hurried inside. He quickly shut the door and leaned against it. His stomach heaved up and down.

Paul was far away. He was sitting in a chair and had his eyes on the screen of his tablet. When he had heard his friend's heavy breathing, he got up and set his tablet on the cushion of the chair.

"Back so soon?" Paul spoke.

Dr. Maxwell frowned and straightened his lab coat. "I would have been back sooner."

Paul walked up to him. "So...how did it go?"

"How did what go?"

"You know what I am talking about. You told me that you were going back to the house to gather all the Lubriem stuff."

"I was..." The scientist shoved his hands in his pockets. "...but the plans have changed."

Paul was surprised. "Changed?"

"Yes. Just slightly. I ran into a couple of kids." He squinted. "Is he here?"

"Yep! He is in the other room."

"Excellent." He whistled. "Boy!"

The Creature From Beyond scurried into the room. It sat on the floor and panted.

Dr. Maxwell chuckled and pet it. "Spit them out. Both of them."

The creature barked and opened its mouth. It started coughing and soon spit out two things.

No. Two people. Two girls.

"Yuck!" Ruby said. She and Karen were covered in green slime.

Dr. Maxwell smirked. "Hello, ladies. I am Dr. Hugo Maxwell, and I have a proposition for you. And yes, you will have your revenge on Gretel and her dimwitted brother."