Chapter 24

"I think we should move to the garden, is that okay?" Harry said.

"Harry, it's your project, you can tell me what to do."

"Sorry," he blushed sheepishly.

"It's alright, but we've been dating for around a year and a half now and not once have I been in your garden" he smirked with his hands on his hips.

"Oops?"

"Let's go" Louis giggled.

They both came out into the garden, passing by Robin and Gemma in the living room.

It was early in the afternoon, and they were starting on Harry's project. They had gotten pretty far with the project; it was almost finished, only a few details here and there that needed to be done.

"We can start by the tree," Harry said.

Louis nodded as he looked over to the cherry blossom tree, spotting it in the middle of the garden. He smiled when he saw that it still had a lot of flowers on it and a swing was hanging off of a branch.

"It's a beautiful tree" Louis spoke.

Harry watched as he moved towards the tree and started to take some pictures in shutter mode. He smiled as he saw Louis take a seat on the swing. It was still a pretty sturdy tree, and when Louis sat on it, it brought back some fond memories. Louis hands ran over the ageing rope and looked up at the petals falling to the ground.

He grinned when he saw him start to swing on the ropes, the edges of Louis' lips curving up minutely. He continuously took photos of Louis until he climbed off of the swing and beckoned Harry closer.

"What's up, Lou?"

"Come swing with me?"

"Will it hold both of us?"

"I'm sure it'll be fine, it looks stable."

Harry nodded as he skipped over to Louis, pecking him on the lips before sitting on the swing. Louis followed soon afterwards, sitting on Harry's lap and leaning into his body. Harry wrapped his arms around Louis' waist, pulling him in close with a sigh.

"How've you been Louis?"

"I'm great, now that the play his finished I feel like a lot of stress has been lifted off of my shoulders and I've got you, who is always there for me" Harry smiled into Louis' neck, feeling his throat vibrate with laughter. "How 'bout you Styles? How've you been?"

"Lucky for you, you don't have to worry about exams anymore, I still have another year, and then I can start with apprenticeships."

"You'll go far in photography, I know you will, you're incredible at what you do and I saw those wedding photos, they were beautiful."

"Thanks, Love. Hopefully, it'll be us next time."

"What do you mean?"

"To get married," Harry said hesitantly but made Louis blush.

"You want to marry me?" Louis questioned with wide eyes.

"Of course I do, I've thought about it, mostly over the past few weeks but I've realised that I do want to marry you."

"I hope that wasn't your way of proposing to me Haz," Louis said with folded arms and a pout on his face.

"Oh no, it would be much better, I promise you."

"Can't wait" Louis muttered before kissing Harry.

Harry looked over Louis' features, the way his cheekbones shaped his face and the light stubble that was appearing on his face. The way his lips curved into a smile when he kissed his neck. The way his body fitted with his and how Louis' soft hair tickled against his neck.

And yeah, he definitely wanted to marry him.

"Umm...Hi, I mostly came here because I wanted to speak with both of you about something, I've had this on my mind for a while now but..." he let out a sigh. "I want to marry Louis, and I was just asking for your permission" Harry blushed when the words came out of his mouth and looked away from Louis' parents.

Johanna and Daniel exchanged a look before turning back to look at Harry. He was worried about whether they would say yes or no but when they didn't say anything for a while, and it added to his anxiety.

It was coming close to their two-year anniversary, and Harry was thinking of proposing to Louis, two years after their first date.

"How long have you been thinking about it?"

"Two or three months now."

They both nodded at him, looking happy which made Harry feel a bit more at ease.

"That's lovely; we've been waiting for someone to come around, and we both think that you are perfect for him, even though you are both still quite young, we give you permission to marry Louis."

"Really?" Harry gasped. "Oh my gosh, thank you so much."

He ran over to hug Johanna tightly then moved to shake Daniel's hand.

"Why do you look so happy?" Louis asked when he joined him in their backyard.

Lottie and Felicite were sitting on a blanket, probably texting someone, and Daisy and Phoebe were playing with Ernest and Doris in the grass.

"No reason, just happy to be with you."

"Thank you" Louis blushed before snuggling into Harry's arms.

"Are you free in two weeks? I wanted to take you on a date."

"Two weeks, I should be."

"Yup, great, hopefully, you'll like it."

"I like everything you do for me Haz."

"Aww, I'm flattered" Harry pecked him on the lips. "Love you."

"Love you too Haz" Louis smiled.  

A/N: Comment/Follow/Vote