Hairstyle

Happy reading!

I was lying on my bed delicately twisting Leo's hair into mini braids as he sat on the floor, leaning against my bedpost. His hair had gotten quite long now; he was due for a haircut. For some reason, he had agreed to me playing with it.

"Okay, okay I got one," he bounced as an idea came into his head.

"Hey! Stop moving, you're going to ruin it," I complained.

"Sorry, sorry. Okay, would you rather never be able to watch movies again or never be able to read books again?"

"Oh, that's cruel Leo. How am I supposed to choose?" I said playfully as I started to contemplate each option.

He laughed. "It's easy for me, movies one hundred percent."

"It has to be books. I don't think I can live without them," I said honestly.

"Aw you're no fun, books are so boring," he dragged as if it were such a struggle to read.

"No, they're not! Books introduce you to new worlds. You can experience an adventure just sitting on your couch."

"My life already has enough adventure as it is."

We continued to play 'would you rather' as I braided his hair. When I finished, I led him to my mirror so that he could look at his reflection. He cringed at all the small braids sticking up from his head while I giggled. Let's have a little fun here.

"I dare you to go to dinner like that," I challenged him. In his mirrored reflection, I could see his eyes light up. That's strange, I thought. I didn't think he'd be so up for the idea.

He turned around abruptly to face me. I had to look up to meet his wild gaze because he was so close. I blushed. There was no denying my feelings for Leo. We are close friends, but I wish we were more than that. I'm afraid that Leo doesn't see me in that way though.

I raised my eyebrows at his strange behaviour, desperately trying to push down my feelings and keep cool. He smirked, "I'll go out like this if you promise me that you'll go on a date with me."

In an instant, my feelings came right back up in the form of my heart racing. Am I dreaming? I was speechless. Say yes, Y/N! Leo Valdez just asked you out, say yes!

I nodded my head, internally cursing myself for being so awkward.

His all too perfect smile got even bigger as he ran out the door, leaving me there dumbfounded and the happiest I've ever been.

"Look at my crazy hair!" Leo yelled. I could hear him yelling at campers from the inside of my cabin as he made his way to the dining pavilion.

I laughed and looked down at my hands that were shaking. It's insane because I've wanted to ask him that for so long, but I never had the guts. Funny, isn't it? A girl who spends her life fighting off monsters is afraid of asking someone out on a date. I shook my head at myself.

I grabbed my camera and made my way to dinner.

Yours,

Violet

Edited: January 2021