October 13

Tsuna yawns, awakening slowly as warm rays of sunlight stream into his room.

He startles, sitting up with a jolt and glancing around the room, Reborn nowhere to be found.

The clock reads 9 am and the brunet blinks, confusion etching his face as he prepares for the day.

That's strange, he thinks, caramel eyes narrowing slightly. Reborn would never let me sleep in this late, not even on a Sunday...

Frowning, he travels downstairs, tripping on the third step to last as usual.

"Ah-! Tsu-kun, you're up late today~" Nana smiles obliviously, and Tsuna grins sheepishly.

This had been a routine long ago - Tsuna sleeping in late and tripping down the stairs, with Nana greeting him afterwards. But with Reborn's sudden entrance, these daily occurances had gradually dwindled till...-

...Speaking of which, where IS Reborn...?

"Kaa-san, have you seen Reborn?" He asks, and is taken aback when Nana suddenly beams widely.

The brunette giggles, "Tsu-kun, you don't remember?" There is an odd pause, and Nana, sensing the boy's puzzlement, continues. "It's Reborn's birthday, silly!"

Eh?

Tsuna blinks, before his mother's words actually sink in.

"E-EHHHHHHH?!"

He runs to the kitchen, where a worn calander had been pasted on the fridge and his eyes take in the tiny black numbers screaming out the numbers, '13/10'.

"Ah... I didn't realise it was that time of the year already..." He muses, and walks back to his mother who was still humming obliviously.

"Reborn-chan told me that he's going to stay away from the house so that you and your friends can plan a birthday for him~"

What.

"HIEEE! I-, HOW-?! I ONLY HAVE A FEW HOURS-?"

Nana merely continues to smile, just as Tsuna collapses onto the floor, groaning.

---

The first task is to order a cake, Tsuna notes as he walks, papers in his hands showing plans for the day and several bakeries he has yet to call.

He rounds the corner, still immersed in his notes and ponders on about what he has to so.

Just then, he bumps into a wall and shrieks, groaning in pain and annoyance as his papers scatter all over the kitchen floor.

"Ah, Tsuna. What are you doing?" The wall speaks, and Tsuna realises that he had in fact, knocked into Bianchi.

"B-Bianchi! Er, I was just looking over the plans for Reborn's birthday...?" He chuckles, just as the pink-haired woman picks up a single paper in interest.

The words, 'Reborn' and 'birthday', however, sink in a mere second later, and Bianchi freezes, eyes lighting up in a starstruck manner.

"Oh, it's Reborn's birthday~?" She says in a way that makes Tsuna wince. "Ah~ Well then, I must make a wonderful cake then~"

Tsuna's world seems to crash down and burn.

Bianchi could NOT be the one making the cake.

"B-But Bianchi! I-!" 

"Eh, what is it, Tsuna? Do you not find my cooking good?" The woman smiles gently, but the gleam in her eyes tell a different story.

"NO-!" Tsuna hurriedly yell out, and stiffens just as Bianchi's smile turns predatory.