October 14

Happy birthday, Tsuna!!!
---

Tsuna opens his eyes, and a bright green mallet is what he first sees. His head throbs, but he is able to avoid the mallet by just a split second.

"HIEEE!! REBORN, ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL ME?!" He shrieks, and Reborn merely fires a shot at him, smirking haughtily.

"If I was, you'd be dead a long time ago, Dame-Tsuna. This is simply training."

The hitman is nonchalent, and Tsuna merely sighs, used to his tutor's antics.

"Alright, alright." He placates.

Just then, the brunet notices it.

His gift - a yellow fedora band, had replaced the usually orange band on Reborn's beloved fedora.

Tsuna smiles, humming amusedly. "You used it?"

Reborn merely snorts and shoots a rubber bullet near his student's head, making the boy shriek slightly.

"Reborn-!" He begins, and the hitman shoots another bullet just to shut the boy up. Tsuna dutifully does just that.

"Of course I did, it's from my idiot student, after all." He says this in a way Tsuna would have missed it without his fabled intuition.

Tsuna grins, mood lifting, just as Reborn informs the brunet, "Go get ready for school, Dame-Tsuna. I'll be gone the whole day for an errand I'll have to run."

"Oh, alright then." He smiles, and gets up to go get ready for a long day of school.

But before he shuts the door to the bathroom, he hears the hitman call out, almost embarrassedly.

"Happy birthday, Tsuna."

And Tsuna simply smiles, content.

---

He feels the incoming migraine a good hour before it actually forms, and groans slightly at the lingering ache in his muscles from the previous day.

Planning Reborn's birthday party had really taken a toll on him.

"Oh, good morning, Tsu-kun~"

Just like any other day, Nana greets the boy. And just like any other day, Tsuna greets back with his own sleepy welcome.

Another day starts off just like that.

---

"I'm going to school now!"

"Ara~ Have a nice day, Tsu-kun~"

Tsuna feels a brief flash of hurt wheb Nana does not remember that it is his birthday, but the boy quickly brushes off the feeling, frowning slightly at his own selfish thoughts.

My birthday isn't important.

It's just another day of the year.

"You too!" He replies and leaves the house with a soft smile, easily masking his conflicting inner thoughts.

His two friends are already waiting for him at the front gate.

"Ah, Gokudera-kun, Yamamoto-kun! Good morning!" Tsuna greets the two and Gokudera being Gokudera, immediately does a 90 degree bow and greets the boy back animatedly. "Good morning, Jyuudaime!"

...Too much energy for a Monday...

"Ooi, Baseball-idiot! Show Jyuudaime some respect!" ...And being Gokudera, the silveret is quick to snap at the raven who easily swings an arm around Tsuna's shoulder.