Chapter 1

*3 years later*

Adrien's POV

"Adrikans! When are you going to get me the ring, darling?" Chloe came as she threw herself around me.
"Ugh. Do I have to? Isn't it enough that we're engaged? You talk as if you're not going to get one at the ceremony." I moaned once again for the sixth time that morning.

"Adrien, come with me," My soon-to-be mother in law called out to me.

"Do you know who I am, Adrien Agreste?!"
"Y-yes, you're Mrs Bourgeois" (thanks )
"Exactly! So that means, I can kick you out of Paris and make sure you never come back!" She threatened.
"You said you wanted to fulfil your father's wish," she said as she calmed down.
"I'm giving you the opportunity make your father's company known across the whole world. All you have to do is marry my Chloe and make her happy. If you dare cause a single tear to come down her face, you'll face great difficulties and I'll make sure it's never easy for you, Adrien Agreste," she threatened once more.
I nodded in consent.

***

*At the jewelry shop*

"Hello sir, do you need any help?" The cashier asked as I observed the variation of rings on sight.
"Um, yes. Actually, can you help me find a nice engagement ring? I'm not sure what her taste would be like."
"Sure! Right now this ring is the most popular one among young girls," I took hold of the ring as she described it.
"It is made out of fine sapphire gemstones, designed by the now great jewellery and fashion designer Marinette Dupain-Cheng." She said as she stared into the distance with her palms together. I dropped the ring at the mention of her name.
"W-Who did you say that designed this?"
"Sir, don't tell me you don't know who the designer Cheng is; she's going to open her own store soon! FEELINGS, it's called," she exclaimed as she reached to grab the ring off the floor.

I was finally starting to forget about her. I was finally starting to forget about the guilt and regret. I was finally starting to forget the kind of monster that I was. Why did her name have to be mentioned again?

I must've been crying because, as the cashier got up, she looked at me with a concerned look.
"Sir, is everything ok? Did I say something to upset you?"
"N-No, don't worry about me," I said as I wiped my tears off my face.
"I-I have to g-go now," I said as I ran to reach the door.
"But sir, the ring!" She shouted out loud enough so I could hear. But I just ignored her and I ran out of the store.

Why did I do that? Why did I let her go? I said those harsh words to her, I know! But I never thought she'd actually leave. I thought she'd come back. But she's not here! She never came back. And I thought I could get over it, but I guess I can't. I tried to marry someone else, but I can't. I'm an idiot. I'm an everlasting idiot.

I finally got home. I didn't even greet my "mother-in-law" and I just went straight upstairs to bed, not caring that the sun was still shining brightly on my face.

Marinette POV

"And today, we officially cut the ribbon, announcing the opening of the Dupain-Cheng jewellery and fashion store, FEELINGS! Congratulations, Miss Dupain-Cheng."
The entire place roared with cheers and clapping.
"Now, the reporters would like to interview you, is that ok for you?"
"Of course," I said as I smiled warmly at them, "ask me anything; I'll try to answer as much as I can"
"Then, my first question is, for how long did you dream of being a designer and, how does it feel to have your dream come true?"

"Honestly, I still can't believe that I'm making my dream come true. I thought being a designer was going to be a dream and remain just a dream forever. Actually, I would like to thank a special person that helped get to where I am now," I looked around the crowd to see if I could find her.
I smiled at the sight of her face.
"Your favourite actress, Emilie!" I announced as she made her way to the front.
"Without her, I wouldn't be where I am now," I said as I hugged her.
"Aw," the reporter commented.

"Ok, and for the last question of today," the interview finally wrapped up, "this is something that all your fans are dying to know about," she continued, "so, the name of your store is 'Feelings' and we believe that all of the products have some kind of special meaning. So we all wondered, who was your first love?"
The whole place cheered at the question.
The smile was taken off my face. Why him. Why did it have to be Adrien Agreste?! I thought I could forget!
I sighed and breathed deeply before answering.
"This person, who I'm not going to mention, has thought me a lesson. Thanks to him, I learnt not to trust anyone too much, and that love is nothing more than just a myth," I smiled to myself, "most of you might know this person and that's why I'm not going to say his name. So now, I believe I'm just me, and that no one is the boss of me." All the girls cheered as they wiped off their tears, even the reporter.
"Ok, I'm sorry to bring you such shallow memories. That's it for today, and thank you for sharing your feelings with us."
And finally, the day was over.

***

"Why did you have to bring him up? You could've just said you didn't want to answer," Emilie complained once we got home.
"It's fine, I'm over him already," I replied with a smile.
"Now that I think about it, you know a lot about me, but I barely know you. I'm ready to listen to a new story," I said excited.
"Marinette, there's nothing to tell. I'm just a normal woman with a boring history."

"That's not true," I pressured, "there's a lot to tell. Didn't you say you had a son but you had to abandon him?"