Chapter 43

*Sorry my updates take so long. Im on vacation in Florida spending time w my family. This song is Animal by The Cab just incase youre wondering*

"MY HEART MAY BE MISSIN' BUT MY HANDS WILL MAKE UP FOR IT!" Paige, Lux, and I sang into our remotes. "DON'T THINK THIS IS INNOCENT" We screamed as we danced on the couch, pretending it was a stage. "I'LL SINK MY TEETH RIGHT INTO IT!" I shook my hips and raised my arm into the air. "MY EYES AND MY MOUTH AGREE YOU'LL BE COMIN' HOME WITH ME!" We both jumped off the couch, tucking out knees into our chest like rockstars do. "CAUSE GIRL YOU KNOW, CAUSE GIRL YOU KN -" The music shut off, but we were still screaming the lyrics. We heard clapping and we both froze, turning to look at where the sound was coming from. There in the kitchen stood the boys and Jack, faces red from laughing, slowly clapping. Paige, Lux, and I probably should have run upstairs, considering all we had on was our bras and underwear, but we didn't. It was a girls party and we didn't expect the boys to come home from the studio this early. "Wow, that was really something." Ashton smirked.

"What was the Brooke, can you show us again?" Calum asked me while he shook his hips and raised his arm into the air, just as I had done. My face got hot as all three of us girls sprinted upstairs. Luke slapped Paige's butt as she ran past and she shrieked then giggled and I mentally threw up. We ran into my room and laughed hysterically as we put our clothes back on.

"Oh my god! That was amazing!" I laughed. We had sang and jumped around in our underwear for almost an hour before the boys came home.

"AGREED!" Yelled Lux. I had gotten to know her and she was really sweet and I absolutely adored her. We all went back downstairs and the boys looked at us and started laughing again.

"Ladies. We have decided to take you out to dinner tonight. Fancy, like dresses and stuff." I groaned at the "fancy" part as Paige and Lux squealed. Luke got up and walked over Paige and bowed slightly in front of her.

"Miss, would you like to accompany me to tonights dinner?" He asked as he held out his hand infront of him. She took his hand and laughed as he kissed her knuckles.

"I would be delighted Mr. Hemmings." Luke smiled big and bit his lip ring. Mikey ran up to Lux and asked her to be his date, which she agreed to, while blushing furiously. Calum and Ashton looked at each other and Calum jumped on Ashton, who lost his balance and fell to the floor.

"ASHTON LETS DATE!" Calum screeched. "LETS GET NAKED!" He screamed to us. Ashton pushed him off, but he only climbed back onto him, clinging to him like a koala bear. Jack walked infront of me and slung an arm over my shoulder.

"Wanna be my date?" He grinned. I smiled back.

"I guess if I have to." I said. He picked me up bridal style and spun me in circles. I shrieked laughing and clutched the front of his shirt in my fists. "Put me down!" I laughed. He shurgged and agreed as he walked over to the couch and threw me into it. I landed on the couch, only to be tackled my a shirtless Calum. He rested his chin on my chest as he looked up at me with puppy eyes. "Get off me." I laughed pushing his head away. He stuck out his lip to turn it into pouty face. I rolled my eyes and he squeezed me tighter. He kissed the tip of my nose and I scrunched it up, as he got off of me.

"GUYS WE ARE LEAVING IN AN HOUR!" I sat up as Jack came to sit next to me. I scooted as close to him as I could without being on top of him but the girls pulled me away and dragged me upstairs. I had a couple dresses, but not many. They could probably borrow mine, we were about the same size, other than height difference. Okay, Lux did have bigger boobs than me but Paige and I were about the same. I pulled out a white sun dress which Paige grabbed and started to take her clothes off to put it on. Lux found a grey one that got tighter around the stomach and has long sleeves, so she proceeded to put it on. After complaining about why I couldn't wear sweatpants I flung out a black dress and put it on. It got tighter around my stomach and had long sleeves, like Lux's did. I came a little above my knees, which was good because it wasn't too short. I pulled on a pair of spandex under them and went to the bathroom where the other girls where. Lux didn't really wear makeup, but I guess she had made an acception this time. When she was done she curled the end of her hair lightly. Paige did wear makeup then curled her hair. I gave them both new toothbrushes that they could use as well. I put my hair into a messy ponytail and some mascara and was done. One thing I didn't have though, was pretty high heeled shoes for them to wear. I gave Lux a pair of ballet flats and Paige a pair of sandals. I put on a pair of socks and slipped on my hightop all black converse. The girls tried to convince me to change shoes, but I refused. This was the kind of girl that I was.

The boys called us from downstairs, saying it was time to go. I realised I hadn't brushed my teeth again so I ran to the bathroom to do so. I felt something wet in my underwear, and I cursed to myself. I sat down on the toilet, got a tampon, and put it in. I washed my hands and brushed my teeth quickly, grabbing a piece of gum and sticking it in my mouth.

"BROOKIE YOU ALMOST DONE?!" Mikey yelled from downstairs. I grabbed my phone and ran out to the stairs. They were all waiting the in livingroom and turned when I got to the bottom of the stairs. All the boys mouths opened and the girls grinned really big. I don't know what the deal was, I looked like I normally do, just with a dress on.

"Okay, Paige I might have to ditch you for her. You look really cute Cookie." I blushed as Paige laughed and smacked his chest lightly. We all went out and piled into two cars. Jack was sitting next to me and leaned down.

"You look really pretty Brooke." I grinned and threw my hands over my face because I was blushing. I wasn't used to all the compliments. Okay, thats a lie. I was because the boys complimented me a lot. We to the restaurant and went inside. It was very fancy. Ew. They took us to our table which was by a window so you could see out the front side of the building. The table was square and I sat by Ashton and Jack. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't help that I wanted EJ here with me. They took our drinks and I got a Dr. Pepper, like always. I picked up a napkin and was going to rip it like Ash had taught me, but it was cloth. I fiddled with a hair tie in my hands and tried to distract myself. Ash saw and put the hair tie back on my wrist and gave me his hand. I played with his fingers and looked out the window.

There, on the other side of the street, was a tiny, brown, skinny, shaking, puppy. It was laying right up against the building curled in a little ball and I felt my heart shatter. I quickly grabbed a bowl and put four big meatballs in it - they were the appetizers - and grabbed a glass of water that I think was Jacks. I stood up, grabbed Ashtons jacket, the bowl of meat, an extra bowl, and the glass of water. I ignored all the questions being thrown at me and I hurried out of the restaurant. I ran across the street and slowed to a painfully slow walk until I was about two yards from the puppy. I saw down, leaned against the wall, tore a piece of meat off, and set it near the dog. It scooted closer to me so it could reach the little bite of food, then ate it. I set another piece a couple inches closer to me. Again, the puppy scooted closer until it could reach it to lick it up. I took the extra bowl and poured the water into it and set it by my legs. It eventually got close enough that it could reach the bowl of water, which was just by the left thigh. It was really tiny, like newborn puppy tiny. Maybe its monther had abandoned it because it was the runt of the group out something. It licked the water bowl dry and I poured in some more and it continued drinking. I kept feeding it food, but this time out of my hand. It ate two out of the four meatballs then slowly walked towards my thigh as I moved the water. I layed down Ashton jacket on my lap and the puppy crawled onto it and layed down. I folded the jacket over him - I saw its little doggie weewee - so he could get warm. Then, it fell asleep. I didn't try to pet it or touch it yet because I didn't want to scare him off. I looked up. Calum and Jack were both hurrying across the street. They slowly sat down beside me and Calum went to touch the puppy.

"Dont touch him. Not yet." I said quietly as I rested my head on wall behind me. I wrapped the coat tighter around the dog and he sighed. We all sat there for about ten minutes when I reached out and lightly touched the puppys head. He slowly opened his eyes and licked my hand. Calum replaced my hand with his and pratically shit himself from excitement when he started to lick his hand too.

"The guys think you're going to just leave the puppy out here after you feed it. Are you?" Calum asked as he softly stroked the puppies ear. I frowned.

"No, why would I do that? Can we take it to the vet? It doesnt have a collar." Calum sat for a moment thinking about it. He looked up at the restaurant then to me and grinned. I knew it was a yes. I carefully picked up the puppy and cradled him in my arms. We walked to Calums car and I got in the back so Jack could sit in the front with Calum. We shut the doors softly behind us.

"Ready?" I nodded and he started the car and backed out, starting towards the vet.

-

Hola mah bitches im in florida! So the updates might be a little sketchy sorry for that! :( I love you lots like tator tots mhm - Kylee