Chapter 9

"Haiiii! What cha doing here?"

I stared at the standing Jazzy sceptically. I walked silently behind her and tiptoed a little to see the person none other than the bad boy himself.

What is he doing here?

"Is Aubrey home?"

Say no say no say no.

"Yeah, she is. Why? Does my little Aub have a boyfriend she didn't mention to me? Wait..." Jazzy gasped before continuing, "She does, doesn't she? Aubrey Arden! Come here right now and tell me about the boyfriend that you have!"

"My ears..."

"Aubrey! There you are! Explain this guy that I remember meeting in the shopping mall here. Might I say he's also the school bad boy." She gasped again before continuing, "Have you been doing some bad things?"

I blinked at her. "You sound like my mum."

She placed her hand on her chest and looked shocked. "Have you not counted me as your mother? How dare you."

I stared at her and I burst out laughing.

"Uh... hi?"

"Oh mai. I'm sorry. Please come in. I can't believe myself! I forgot there was a hunk outside the door! I can't believe this. Come in. Come in. Please sit while I get some tea." Jazzy said saying 'tea' in an accent.

I mumbled my laughter with my hand. Jazzy knew how to get my laughter coming out. However, sometimes, I was too tired to answer her and the jokes don't go into my brain properly.

"Why are you here?"

"I didn't know you wrote books."

"What? I don't..."

"Hail the tea! I mean, the tea's here!" Jazzy said holding a tray of cups. "I'll be leaving you guys alone now. I bet you have important things to talk about." Jazzy placed the cups down slowly and winked at me before leaving.

I sighed and placed my face in my palm, mumbling every swear word that comes to my mind. And here I thought that Jazzy had saved me for once.

I took my hands off my face and tried changing the topic. "How did you know where I lived anyways?"

"I ain't telling you if you don't answer my question."

"You asked a question?"

He stared at me blankly. I searched my brain for any memories of any questions he asked. Oh...

"I don't write books..."

"Yeah... You're a bad liar. You wrote the book 'hiding' right?"

"I'm just going to assume you know the answer already. How did you know?"

"I'll assume as well that you already know who my mother is and that you know she is the editor of the sequel to 'Hiding' and that you overheard my conversation with my mother in the cafe."

I nodded and he continued, "My mother has a hobby of sending handwritten letters to the authors because 'they contain the emotions' as she says.

She usually mails them over but when she saw that you lived nearby, she said that giving it to you in person would be faster. She then somehow thought it would be an awesome idea for me to get the letter to you since she was busy.

She told me her address and said that I must get it to the correct person. So here I am, finding the author by the name A. B. Arden."

I nodded taking in everything slowly. "Wait how did she get my address?!"

"She has a knack of sweet talking people into things. She sweet talked the company into giving your address. Of course, none of the author's address comes out and I only know yours. Let's say she's very good at keeping secrets."

I nodded. So now he knows how the 'secret author' look like... and that I'm he's schoolmate. Oh, freak. My identity.

"You won't tell anybody right?"

"Of course not."

"Phew."

"If you go to prom with me."

"WHAT?!"

I heard the door burst open and a Jazzy who looked at me and asked, "Need help? I heard a scream of what."

I looked at her and thought about what we were talking about a moment ago.

"You didn't hear what we were talking about right?"

"No. I wanted to... but then guess who called me. Freaking Benjamin! You know that I crushed about him for like so many years right! He was on another league I couldn't reach-"

"You want me to call him and tell him that?"

"Ekkk. What are you doing here? Oh, yea you came just now. Wait... You heard what I said... I need a spell or a potion to make you forget. Aub. Follow me. We need to make the potion. NOW."

Jazzy grabbed onto me and started pulling me.

"Save me," I mumbled, pitying myself and laughing at the same time.

Jazzy stopped pulling on me and looked at me who was still sitting on the couch. Luckily I was as before I was a glass coffee table that could have cut me if I fell.

"Change of plans. We need to go exercise. You're getting heavier. Say what you want and after that, we're locking the door whether you get out or not."

Hayden laughed and nodded. When Jazzy looked away, he took out the letter and passed it to me and laughed while walking out.

Jazzy looked at me and said, "We're still going out."

I sighed and walked to my bedroom. Placing the letter in my drawer, I changed out of my clothes and into my exercise wear, bringing my phone along.

Taking my phone, I met with Jazzy who was sitting on the couch like a model showing off the new exercise wear she bought that day we went to the shoping mall.

If Jazzy swapped her clothing knowledge with study knowledge, she could ace all the examinations with no effort.

"You coming or are you going to stare at mwah all day long."

"As if I was staring at you."

She laughed and we walked out of the apartment. We got to the nearby park and started jogging.

Although Jazzy looked like she wasn't athletic, she could run quite fast. It was as if shopping helped her train her leg muscles.

I ran behind lagging by far. I hated exercise. It was too tiring and my body could not hold it. Suddenly, my phone dinged.

I looked at the number. It was not someone I knew.

"So, my question?" It read.

"Who are you? What question?" I typed back.

The answer I got shocked me. I almost dropped my phone when I saw it. It was...

That's my part for this chapter. I hope you guys like it. The next chapter will be by Night_death12 so check her up. XuX