Friday 13th

The full moon was shining bright on the nocturne sky as the wind slipped between the trees, and whispers could be heard around the place. However, it was hard to imagine what was happening there, in the middle of Rome's catacombs, under thousands of people who were unconscious of the horror they would experience after everything ended.

The person in charge of the ritual —a mature, black-bearded man with dark eyes—, raised his hands, and after murmuring some phrases in Latin, raised his voice for the rest of the presents to be able to hear him.

"Today, as our ancestors did more than one thousand five hundred years ago, we are here to unchain the forces that reign chaos and destruction", explained the man. "To unleash pain and misery over right and wicked, to end peace and bring back the dark age of mankind.

The rest of the presents listened fascinated to every word, knowing that the next phase would be dangerous for all of them.

"We implore you, lord of darkness, to listen to our prayers and come to us to claim your legitimate throne on earth", he continued. "Please, accept our humble sacrifice as proof that we are willing to serve you", the man looked briefly at the slaughtered goat's body that was at his feet and also at the cauldron full of a dark-green potion next to it.

For one moment, the silence took over the whole place, and the only sound that could be listened to was the crackling of the torches fire. However, after a few seconds charged with tension, the flames extinguished, and the room went dark. Immediately the floor began to tremble, and a couple of red-bright-eyes that everyone recognized as the entity they were trying to summon appeared in the middle of them.

"Who dares to invoke me?", roared a strong guttural voice that caused shivers on the majority of the people there.

"Your humble servants, my lord", answered the man in charge, bowing down.

"I demand a valid reason why I should not tear off your spines and drink your blood right now."

"My lord, our only intention is to liberate you from Gehenna and serve you appropriately."

"Do you know the price of this? Do you have any idea of what it would unleash?"

"Yes, my lord, and we're willing to comply with it", affirmed the leader. "Please, allow me to offer my body as a container for you to be able to walk on this world freely.

"I accept your offering, from now on you will be the container of all my power."

That being said, the torches were on fire again, and the leader's body raised from the floor quickly. After that, everyone noticed that the goat and the potion were no longer there, and the dark eyes of their leader had turned bright red.

"It's time to bring agony to this world", spoke the entity's voice through the mouth of the person who conducted the ritual. "It's time to claim my throne."

The End.