Chaper Four - Midnight Memories

Why in the world did I have to call her a project? At the time, I didn't even think about my word choice. But honestly, who would ever want to be called a project? Especially Selena. She probably wanted to kill me. Hell, she probably would kill me. Dad had no idea how vicious she is, if he didn't seriously thought she wouldn't at least attempt to murder. Ballsy enough to do it the day time, too. I mean, C.R.I.M.I.N.A.L

With the smart mouth I had, I would be gone in a week. It would most likely take two for him to notice I've gone missing.

Oddly enough I felt bad for her. Worried, even.  Only Selena for half a day, I didn't pick up that she was the type to cry for no reason. The sun is almost up, and she came home looking beat up and tired. It didn't seem like my words had any positive difference on her mood, and I felt so bad for it.

Even with the whole tough girl act, she was still a person. Words hurt people.

-

"The kitchen counter is no place to sleep." The imagine of my morning was Selena Gomez standing across from me with a knife, a smile on her face. The room was filled with cackling laughter, and high pitched, terror filled screams. I didn't know it was possible for a male to reach such levels of pitches.

"What the hell is going on down here?" My dad burst through the door. Swinging his bat in Selena's direction. Her face contorted into a look the mix of horror and shock. I shot up from my chair and jumped behind my dad.

"Get her! She was trying to kill me!" I pointed like a five year old. Another giddy toothy grin spread its way onto her face as she tried to hold back laughter. Her hand flew to her mouth and she crouched over, dying whale noises instead of laughter. There were even tears falling down her cheeks.

"I swear Sergeant Jack ass, I was making a sandwich! Princess Four Eyes is just being a pansy." She snorted, looking at me, completely amused. I scoffed, "I wouldn't put it past you, you criminal!" It didn't take long for the spark in her eyes to disappear and a glare replacing them. Curse words flew out of her mouth faster than I could even process them. But that didn't stop me from yelling random insults at her.

It went something like this:

"You intolerable puta!"

"Oh look at me I'm Selena and so I'm cool, I steal things!"

"I bet you've never even seen a vagina!"

"Has there been a day in your life you haven't seen a penis?"

"I'm sorry I can't hear you over your humongous glasses!"

"If you lost anymore I.Q. points I'd have to water you!"

"Potato with eyes!"

"Enough! Both of you shut your damn mouths before I lose my temper!" My dad shouted over us, which was no easy feat. I'm sure there were people complaining about noise in Germany. Selena snorted and shook her head, "The vein popping out of your forehead suggests its already gone." His trademark death glare made her snap her mouth closed.

"We are going to be a family," cue a cough from Selena and I, "for these next few months. I think its time we made some changes around here." He gave us a triumphant smile before continuing, "Since today is Sunday, Sunday are reserved for family nights. That means every week on today, you make no plans. Only the three of us, a board game, or a movie, or we go out. Understood?"

Selena rose her hand, but didn't wait on him to call on her. That's an automatic detention. "Listen Sergeant Jack ass, I'm flattered you're trying to include me on your family fun time, but you aren't my dad and this isn't my family." She clarified.

And that's how I ended up on a cramped couch with a grumpy hot  teenage girl, and a snoring middle aged man. Selena had her back against my dad, and her legs over my lap. My constant denies and obvious hints of discomfort didn't even seem to phase her. Instead she was intently staring at Chris Hemsworth swinging an over sized hammer around.

"How can you hear?" I whispered, looking at her for the first time in thirty minutes. It was the same, since then. Her lips were pursed and her eyes narrowed. Sometimes her lip would slip under her teeth if something surprising, or threatening happened. Hands absentmindedly twirling, or combing through her hair at times. She looked....adorable.

She turned to me, eyes large as saucers and shrugged her shoulders. An easy going smile on her face instead of the mischievous one she usually wore. Her innocence almost made me melt right then and there. "I can't, really. But I'm a master at reading lips." I shook my head, chuckling lightly.

"No way. Everybody is terrible at that." Her finger waved in my face, as she giggled. "Guess its my weird talent...test me."

Feeling a burst of excitement, for the first time tonight, I sat up and squared my shoulders. Nerd-ishly pushing my glasses higher on the bridge of my nose. "Alright." The smile on my face was probably fit for someone the size of Hulk, but, call me a dork, but I was bursting with giddy.

I moved my mouth slowly, giving her an easy one. "Aw, don't go easy on me, Bieber! You said, "I like turtles." She laughed, pushing my shoulder a little. I chuckled and rose my hands innocently, "Okay, okay. I was just testing you."

We went back and forth for I don't know how long. But we ended up facing each other, sitting Indian style. Selena proudly sported my glasses claiming, "I wasn't totally blind" and looked beyond adorable in them. We migrated from reading lips, to teaching each other Spanish and French. Basically terms like body parts, conversation starters, and colors.

"Okay how do I say...french fries?" I asked, twirling a strand of her hair around my finger. I don't know how late it was, but the movie had ended a long time ago, it was almost pitch black, and I know we were both sleepy off our asses. Into the stage of feeling high, giggly and giggly.

Speaking of giggles she let out a string of them, "Papas fritas." I joined along in her laughter, shaking my head. "No way is that it!" "It is too!" She argued. Even in the dark I could see her shining smile. It really could light up a dark room, and made butterflies take off in my stomach.

"Is not." I hummed, scooting closer to her. "Is too." She sang, doing the same. We continued until our faces were inches apart. Her sharp, light breaths tickling my nose and eyelashes.

"H-how do you say kiss me, in french?" She whispered, almost inaudibly. My stomach apparently thought I was on a roller coaster and my breathing got harsher, deeper. Her free smile had disappeared, and turned into a soft, nervous one. Everything in me screamed to answer, but my brain and mouth weren't connecting.

Selena grabbed my cheeks and brought her face closer to mine. Our lips brushed together as she spoke, "Goodnight, Princess Four Eyes." And strutted up to her room. Leaving me dazed and confused.

----

Wow. Gimme feedback you guys. How'd you like this chapter?