Prologue

Every city has it's legends from paranormal to events that happened long ago. Then, there are those old mafia stories from long ago. Such as Al Capone or Charles 'Lucky' Luciano. But the story we're going to talk about tonight is about the Nightingale family, or more specifically, Elizabeth and Phoenix Nightingale.

Elizabeth is a beautiful woman with long red hair, beautiful light blue eyes, usually wears a elegant black dress. She's kind person, a caring mother and a hard worker. Or at least everyone who knows her at the streets, but in the underworld, Elizabeth Nightingale is known as 'The Queen of Crimes' or 'The Queen' for short, because she basically ruled over Heartwell. From drugs, slave trafficking, robberies, but more importantly, the police. She basically controlled over everything, so if anything bad ever happened, then 'The Queen' was usually behind it.

She has two close friends and bodyguards. Kevin Gallagher is the man of connections. If someone ever needed something from 'The Queen', he was the man to talk to. Then there was Ridley Turner. He's the weapons guy. He can get almost anything that anyone needs. Especially with poison, since he used to study chemistry a lot. He could even obtain bombs if they needed it, but those were very rare occasions. But those weapons come with a price. And Elizabeth decides what it will cost.

Elizabeth had an interesting way to do business. She did business like any others, service in exchange of money, but that's not how she liked to do things. She liked to go by the quote 'an eye for an eye'. Basically, she does a favor for someone, and she would like a favor in return. And it helps a lot during her time in the city. Especially when the police needed a favor from her.

Some of you may be wondering, where is 'The King of Crimes'? He isn't among the living anymore. He tried to get 'The Queen' framed by the police department from outside Heartwell. Sadly for him, the Heartwell police department helped her get out of trouble and it helped that she also had connections with the police from Gale.

Now, when the police from Gale returned to their police department, the 'King' fell from his throne and he had to deal with all of Elizabeth's friends. And let's just say, there was no way in Hell he would survive.

And now, the last of the Nightingale family. Phoenix Nightingale. He has long red hair, similar to his mother, has teal eyes. His personality is similar to his mother, kind and naive at times, but very serious when needed to. He was also good friends with his mother's bodyguard, seeing them almost as family. He is the only son of Elizabeth, and he was home schooled since a very young age, as well as learning about the family business as well. He usually stayed close to his mother and he quickly learned some of business traits too. Such as her line 'an eye for an eye'.

Things were great for Nightingale family. But everything changed when Phoenix turned sixteen years old. Her mother started to get seriously ill. They went to the hospital to figure out what was wrong with her, and they've heard the worst news that they could ever got. Elizabeth got a late state of intestinal cancer, and sadly couldn't do anything to help her.

This news didn't go unnoticed by those close ms. Nightingale, even those close to her in the underworld. But news hit the worst on the young Phoenix, since he's going to lose his mother and there was nothing he could do about it. As months started to pass, Elizabeth health started to get worse. To the point where she was coughing blood almost constantly, or was barely able to move anymore. She was quickly brought to the hospital, Phoenix and her friends stayed by her side as long as they could.

But then, the days have come. Phoenix was there when she took her last breath, where she wished for Phoenix to continue her family legacy. Although in tears, Phoenix promised that he's going to do it for her. Seconds later, she flat lined. On the day she was getting buried, a lot of people was there. From criminals, policemen, to some of her friends. They were all there to pay their respect for her.

The crime rate has been low since the death of the 'Queen', since nobody could make deals and a lot of people was still a bit sad of her death.

And for Phoenix he was still depressed over his mother's death. And who could blame? He's still a kid, and now he's got to learn how the family business works and fast. Luckily for him, Kevin and Ridley took him under their wings, since they were still a sort of family to each other. Thanks to them, Phoenix started to give the family business a try with the help of Kevin and Ridley guiding him.

Things slowly started to get back on tracks for the Nightingale name and started to earn the name 'The Prince of Crimes' or 'The Prince' as in memory of his mother. He's now 20 years old, and he learned how to manage the family business. (City) has turned back to normal before the death of Elizabeth Nightingale, but not forgotten. Because each year, on the day when 'The Queen' died, the Spider's Web would celebrate in memory of her.

The Spider's Web is a bar in the darker part of Heartwell where all kinds of criminals would relax, have a drink or do business with each other. And of course, 'The Queen' was a famous regular there, and so is 'The Prince' now.

The family tradition went great for Phoenix, but what he did add to the tradition from time to time is for specific information about the victims, since depending on the jobs, he doesn't like to leave things messy.

We're telling you this, because the legend of the remaining Nightingale still continues to this day. And this is the story about 'The Prince of Crimes'.