War to Come

All three of us run to our link beds since Parker agreed to let us have one hour to warn the Omaticaya. I open my eyes and find myself cradled in Tsu'tey's arms as he is speaking with the clan leaders about the battle strategies. Mo'at must have seen my eyes open because she addresses Tsu'tey, "It seems as though your mate is with us once more."

Tsu'tey looks down at me and I smile at him reaching up and placing a gentle hand on his cheek. My mate places his hand on top of mine and nuzzles my hand in affection. Suddenly Neytiri and Jake come running to us and I stand up placing myself beside my brother as he speaks, "Listen!"

"Speak, Jakesully," Eytukan prompts.

Jake continues speaking while out of breath, "A great evil is upon us...The Sky People are coming...to destroy Hometree."

"They will be here soon. They gave us an hour to come and warn you. I am sorry I didn't know this would happen!" I plead as tears begin to roll down my face. Tsu'tey moves to my side and places his arm around my waist in comfort. I place my hand on his that is resting on my hip and lace our fingers together.

"You have to leave or you are going to die," Jake says with worry.

"Are you certain of this?" Mo'at asks.

"Look, they sent me here to learn your ways so that one day I could bring this message and that you would believe it," Jake says reluctantly.

I look at Jake in disbelief, "Jay, don't tell me... all those times you said you had something to do you were..." Jake gives me a shameful look that affirms my fears.

I put my free hand over my mouth to hide my sobs as Neytiri confronts Jake, "What are you saying, Jake? You knew this would happen?"

"Yes. Look,  first, it was just orders, and then everything changed. Okay? I fell in love. I fell in love with the forest and with the Omaticaya people. And with you," Jake tries to tell her.

Neytiri pushes his hands off of her, "I trusted you! I trusted you!" Jake continues to plead with her but she is too hurt to listen. Neytiri shoves him and screams, "You will never be one of The People!" Jake and Grace try to reason with her as I continue to sob. I pull myself away from Tsu'tey, I didn't know this would happen. Jake hid this from me and I know we will all pay the price. Do not interfere. I love you and please take care of Koji for me. I gently kiss him on the lips briefly, knowing this will probably be the last time and walk away with tears flowing freely down my face. The picture of my strong warrior with tears in his eyes forever engraved in my mind. The pain and sorrow that we share is so strong my legs almost grow weak. I walk over and stand by Grace who puts her arm around me in comfort to which I just turn my head and silently cry in her shoulder.

"Bind them," Eytukan commands. I do not fight back as six warriors step forward and grab us pulling me away from Grace as she and Jake plead with them while they bind our hands.

They tie all three of us to a post and hold daggers at our throats. We all yell at them to run when we hear the 'copters but they do not listen. They shoot off gas bombs and the Na'vi begin to shoot arrows at them but it's no use. When this doesn't they shoot missiles that begin to set Hometree on fire. "No!" all three of us scream.

"No! Tsu'tey!" I scream as I know he was in Hometree to get his Ikran. I struggle against my bonds wanting to make sure my mate is okay. Mo'at stalks towards us with a dagger and holds it at Jake's throat. "No, Mo'at! Please?" I beg her.

She cries as she says to Jake, "If you are one of us...help us." She then proceeds to free us from our bonds.

We all run as I help Mo'at reach safety. I look to my right and I see a woman who looks severely wounded and I rush to her. "How badly are you injured?" I ask her.

She lifts her head as best as she can and sees me before smiling in relief. She lifts herself up slightly showing me the baby boy she is protecting. "This is my end. Please protect him. His name is Taku. I want him to live and be loved. Please do this for me?" She uses the last of her strength to kiss his head and place him in my arms.

"I promise I will protect him and treat him as my own. Be at peace with Eywa, my friend," I assure her as she takes her last breath. 'Koji come to me quickly!' I call mentally. It doesn't take long before he comes running to me. I quickly set myself on his back and tell him, "Get us to safety." Koji takes off and dodges the falling debris of the collapsing Hometree before coming to a stop next to Jake, Grace, and Mo'at. Mo'at and I sob at the remains of Hometree.

Jake goes after Neytiri as Grace and I go with Mo'at to help the other natives evacuate. Grace turns to me as I am still riding Koji, "Why do you have a baby, Angel"

I turn my gaze to the sleeping child in my arms and my eyes soften before explaining, "His name is Taku, I found his mother shielding him with her body and she was severely injured. She asked me to protect him and love him as my own before she went to be with Eywa."

Mo'at turns to me and places a gentle hand on my shoulder and I turn my gaze to her. "You did the right thing, child," she reassures.

I nod at her with a kind smile and we continue forward when suddenly Grace collapses. "Mo'at please take care of my babies. Take care of Koji and Taku for me," I plead knowing my time will soon come. I turn to Koji 'Take care of your little brother.' I kiss both of their heads saying, "I love you, my babies." I hand Taku to Mo'at just as I am pulled back to my body.