A Drug Love Story part 4

Chris comes over for dinner and Natalie can't stop smiling. She just has happy as she wants to be. Faye loves seeing her mother happy, but on the other hand Chris seems a bit off. She won't let her mother see that right now. Chris is quiet for the most part. He seems to be enjoying himself.

"Natalie, can we talk for a minute? Alone." Chris asked.

"Yeah let me grab my jacket." Natalie replied.

They stepped onto the back porch. It was chilly, but it worked for a good place to be quiet. Natalie wondered why Chris had something to say. She couldn't help but to think this was about to his first time officially asking her on a date.

"Natalie we been cooling it for a few weeks. I kind of have a question I need to ask." Chris said.

"Yeah, go ahead." Natalie responded.

"I got laid off my job and now im losing my apartment. I was wondering if I can stay with you until I get my stuff together. I promise I won't be in your way. Your bills will be paid. I'll help with anything for Faye sake." Chris pleaded.

"Well, Chris I will have to ask Faye first. When do you have to leave?" Natalie questioned.

"The end of the month. I don't want to make Faye feel uncomfortable. I'll just go to the homeless shelter." Chris stated.

"No, no. I'll help you." Natalie said giving Chris a hug.

Chris just hugs her back. Though he is a lier. Natalie will never see it.