Just another heart in his jar

A/N: This is my first story so please be kind :) I'm hoping you like the first chapter. Please leave a review. I love feedback helps me mould my story.

Titan Shadow.

"Allie please don't cry," Nick sighed as he ran his hands through his dark hair. Alaina sat there staring at him, tears running down her cheeks.

"I don't understand..." She shook her head. "Everything was fine." She had noticed he had started to act a little distant towards her. But she had thought her was just busy and stressed with their final exams.

"Al, please I don't want to hurt you."

"Then why are you doing this? Can't you see this is hurting me?" She reached from his hand from where he sat next to her but he pulled it away and looked away from her.

"I can't lie to you Allie, I can't lead you on." He told her softly.

"Lead me on? Nick we've been together for four years." She snapped, trying to hold in sobs that were bubbling at the bottom of her throat.

"Things have changed Al, I'm sorry alright. That's all I have to say." He got up off her bed and walked out. It wasn't until she heard the front door of her apartment close that she let what had just happen take hold of her as she broke down into a sobbing mess on her bed.

Alaina sat up in her bed, she'd been reliving the same dream every time she closed her eyes for the last month since Nick had broken up with her. A dull sadness filled her heart as she willed herself not to cry again. She'd spent all of her time in her apartment crying over her broken heart. The first time she'd braved going on Facebook, she'd seen posts from Nick claiming how happy he was and how he had been out at the pub with his friends every night celebrating the end of final exams, after that Alaina turned her phone off and still hadn't bothered turning it back on.

She heard knocking on her door, she sighed getting out of bed and making her way to answer it. She was shocked to see her Mother standing there glaring at her.

"What are you doing still here and not even ready?" Her Mother stressed. "Olivia is stressing out that you're late! And she's gone into a panic!" Alaina cursed, she'd been so absorbed in her break up that she had forgotten today was the day her big sister was getting married. Her Mother walked into her apartment and Alaina followed her closing the door. "I've tried calling you all morning, you didn't turn up last night and nobody has heard from you for a week, I understand that you have been stressed from exams but honey you shouldn't make everyone worry." Alaina leaned forward and cling to her mother. "Allie sweetheart what's wrong?"

"Nick broke up with me." She managed to get out and her Mother instantly wrapped her arms around her.

"Oh honey why didn't you call me?"

"I didn't want it to be real." Alaina sighed.

"When did it happen?" Her Mother said kindly holding her at arm's length looking at her face as if she was inspecting some sort of damage on her face.

"A month ago," Alaina mumbled looking down.

"Go get in the shower honey. You can't miss Liv's big day." Alaina nodded and did as she was told.

*_*

Not long after they were walking into the Hotel suite were Olivia and the bridal party were getting ready.

"Go make yourself a drink and I'll explain to Olivia." Alaina nodded and walked over to the bar and grabbed a glass of champagne before downing it and grabbing another.

"Lai," Olivia came rushing over and hugging her sister. "You should have called me, Are you okay? What happened?"

"I don't know," Alaina shrugged trying to rid herself of the dull ache in her heart. "You look beautiful." She smiled as she took in her sisters up styled hair and flawless make up. If you looked at the sister's side by side you wouldn't pick them to be sisters. Olivia had golden honey coloured hair and pale skin whereas Alaina had dark long locks and tanned skin. But if you studied them closely you could see the similarities the same facial shape and sapphire blue yes.