Un-Invited

Have your friends ever left to do something without you? Have you ever imagined how much fun they could be having without you, as if you were just weighing them down? Ever wanted to find out?

That's what I did. I regret every second of it.

It was another lonely Saturday night. I was at home, watching some low-budget action film on Netflix since my friends just "forgot" about me. Again. That's the third time this month. How do you forget someone three times in one month? I call one friend. No answer. I call another. Straight to voice mail. I pause the film. Hell, it wasn't any interesting anyways. I furiously get off the couch and grabbed my car keys. As soon as I leave my apartment and grab my car door handle, I see a light out in the forest and, like a moth to a flame, I'm drawn to it.

I know rule number one is to NEVER, under any circumstances, go into a forest at night, but curiosity got the best of me

As I step on the fallen limbs from the trees above, the distance between the light and I grow smaller. Closer and closer I got, I realized that the light was, in fact, a fire.

With figures around a mutilated body.

"...What the hell is this.." This is where I make my third mistake.

The figures begin to turn in my direction with such a rotation that forces my hair in the up right position. As adrenaline pumps through my veins, I begin to recognize these faces..

"Why are you doing this?" I ask my friends.

"Jackie, you weren't supposed to find out this way, man..."