1. Best Fake Smile

#restingbitchface

BLAIR

Sitting on the edge of her bed looking into the mirror she looks at herself, studying her features and practices..... Practices a smile.... Harder than she thought. Being able to naturally smile without looking like a serial killer is harder than she thought.

Blair's thought drift to when she was a teen, an angry teen who would stomp about in her Doc Martin's, skinny ripped jeans, hoodie and that face everyone she meets still comments about and calls it the 'resting bitch face'.

People who have come accustomed to Blair's ways find no offence in her frown brows, the cold stare you get from those crystal almost clear blue eyes.

She suffered a series of events that made her build up, bit by bit, that wall of ice, brick, lead and hurt..... So much hurt.

Often she would be told and hear the words "wow, you're not as bad as I thought"

Or

"You are actually quite nice"

The people that knew her took no offence and were amused with the sharp, sarcastic and dry comments she very often fires back to others. They also knew that when Blair was quiet, distant and storming around with a permanent frown and despite her " I'm fine" responses (typical of most females when they are not) they knew not to comfort, question or cuddle her.

Blair shunned that affection.

The tom boy that she was thoughtfully had that softness that would see no harm done to her closest and that wrath was what so often made people wary of getting close to her. Well expect from a few who dared take on that challenge...... Intrigued to see what the 'real Blair' was about, some even attracted to the girl that didn't flutter her lashes, giggle at poor jokes and did not chase or.... Accept the chasing easily.

* * *

Blair snapped her thoughts back to the present. Standing she slipped into a red strapped dress that secured her chest tightly and displayed the assets she normally keeps hidden and well covered, below them the red dress fabric flowed out and rested just above her knees. Sitting back down she slips each foot into black strappy heels.... The only pair she owns but yet still look so new as her converse are the more desired choice of footwear for Blair.

As she stands and balances her 5"10 stature she returns to look in the mirror, fixes her hair into a simple low messy bun but gives a "tut" when she thinks hair is in place yet within seconds small strands of her Auburn locks slip free for freedom of the grips.

One last look giving herself a wee half smile at how she looks not to bad for someone is a novice at make-up and the whole contouring faze despite her watching several online video's on how to do it.

A quick thought of "phew, how do girls do this daily, this work better be appreciated" before grabbing her black clutch and heading out the door....

Arriving at the wedding venue she takes in her surroundings. A beautiful Art Deco building with ivy clinging up the old bricks, a red carpet as if for royalty laid perfect into the entrance, the sun shone through and made the flowers colours almost glow. The sounds of a small orchestra playing gentle music humming through the air joined the sounds of birds singing their own tunes sweetly.

Walking through the entrance the tranquillity left and she was met with a more buzzing atmosphere where guests were chatting, compliments exchanged, glasses chinking and laughing. Through the crowd Blair spots her four friends....

They stand at the bar looking beautiful with immaculate hair and nails and shinning radiance in every direction.

This makes the knots in her stomach tighten and her heart thump so loud that she feels it is about to burst, she takes in a deep breath and after a quick pep talk to herself of "I can do this I can do this" she walks over to meet them.

The faces of her friends as they see Blair look on wide eyed and mouths open as if ready to catch flies. knowing this look all to well Blair greets them with " yup i have legs, yup I am in a dress, don't say a word now let's get some shots"

They laugh and compliment Blair who awkwardly avoids this by changing the subject swiftly. Her friends know the anxiety Blair feels when having to step out her comfort zone of converse and hoodies but were proud that she did. They laughed.... They drank and drank some more before taking a seat to wait on the ceremony starting.

As they sat chatting about if any single men will be here and who is good looking and which guests look amazing and which look like they've had far too much to drink already Blair heard a familiar melody playing .... She stopped and listened...she knew... She knew that song anywhere and soon her thoughts drifted ....

That song that sparks that memory... The memory of him... Charmer.
"My charmer" she thought to herself with a small smile to herself.

* * * *

Next chapter introduces the first guy and their story so please bare with me an stay tuned it gets better I think. This was to introduce Blair and for you to get a sense of what she is like.

She has nicknames for them all hence the charmer comment. To find out why read on!!!

1st but down and I hope it's not as bad. Likes and comments would be great as would encouragement!!

Much love

c_deepinthought xx