Chapter 5

Elliana Pov
I forced myself to focus on what was going on and not the dark eyes of a certain handsome brunette. Carlisle stepped forward and spoke to Aro.
"Welcome Aro, let us talk in civil manner like we used to"
I could see Aro sneering, "Fair words, however out of place seeing the army you've assembled."

And I suppose all the vampires behind him aren't considered an army?
But Carlisle shook his head, "That was not my intention, no laws have been broken. The child is not immortal! Look!"
Of course the leaders would have seen the skin of Renesme which is not the usual pale colour of vampires. I am also sure that they can hear her heartbeat.

"Artifice!" Caius exclaimed. He seems like the type who always wants to fight.
But Aro lifted a hand to calm him. "I will collect every detail to gain the truth. But I prefer to hear it from someone more knowledgeable about this." He then moved his eyes towards Renesme's father. "Edward, seeing as the child clings to your mate. I suppose you are involved." Aro said with a smile, holding out his hand.
When they called Edward forward, I knew I had to stop thinking. Because Edward can read minds and Aro can see a persons thoughts and memories with skin contact . Those two factors alone are very dangerous. Edward can hear everyones thoughts with a wider range, while Aro can see all your present thoughts and at the same time all your past memories. The only one who can prevent them from reading their mind because of their shield is Isabella and right now I sort of wish I had that gift.

I watched as Edward stepped forward and offered his hand. Aro took it and began to concentrate. He looked up and had an amazed expression. When he finally let go, he looked at Edward in wonder. "I would like to meet her".

Many of us stiffen at those words and I saw, as Edward turned reluctantly towards his family with begging eyes. Bella stepped forward, holding Renesme's hand with the brown wolf following them. Emmett left Rosalie's side to join them for protection. As they walked, Renesme stopped and looked at me. I gave her the best smile I could muster and urged her with my eyes to go.

Once they stood in front of Aro. He smiled widely as he assessed the child and Bella. "Bella, how delightful to see you immortal.", Bella shifted and I could tell she was anxious. Then Aro turned to Renesme and he heard her heart. "I hear a strange heart." He murmured. He stretched out his hand towards her motioning for her to take it. Renesme stepped forward and greeted him softly "Hello Aro.", she ignored his hand and placed her own on his cheek. For a few moments, he looked astonished as she showed him, her memories. He muttered a single word, "Magnifico.".

As he pulled away, still in shock. Renesme was pulled back by her mother. Aro turned around and announced to everyone, "She is half mortal, half immortal! Conceived and carried by this newborn.." he looked at Bella "while she was still human.".I could here the many whispers amongst them in shock at this new discovery.

Caius would not believe it and protested. Aro shot him a stern look, "Do you think they fooled me?". Bella and Edward took this as their signal to return to our side. Caius backed away a little and turned to the guard. "Bring the informant forward.".
Irina was brought forward with a frightened expression. I looked at her sisters, Kate and Tanya, and saw their mournful expressions. Irina was wrong in her accusations, and she would die for it.

Caius turned to Irina and pointed to the Cullen family. "Is that the child you saw?" He asked, Irina  looked down in fear as she stuttered "I-I'm not sure...". Caius look at the petite blonde standing next to the boy who was staring at me intently. Immediately, Irina shook and blurted out "She's changed! This child is bigger.". Caius smirked, "Then your accusations were false.".

She nodded in shame, "The Cullen's are innocent, I will take full responsibility for my mistake.". She then looked at us and mouthed "I'm sorry.".

A torch was lit by the gurad next to Caius and two other guards circled Irina. I wanted to look away as Neil held on to my hand that was clutched on his arm. I could hear Edward yelling for Caius to stop. It was too late.

I watched as the two guards ripped Irina's arms and Caius burn her.
A scream tore my attention away from them as I saw Tanya and Kate rushing forward. I moved to stop them as my hand grabbed Kate's shoulder. I was ready to pull her back until I got shocked by electricity and pain just moved all throughout my arm. I let out a small scream and landed on the ground. Neil crouched next to me "Elle!!". I clutched my right arm and then I heard a low growl. I turned and saw the vampire who was staring at me. I saw the anger in his face. But why was he so upset?

Neil helped me up and I muttered to him "I'm fine..I'm fine." I reassured him. Miranda moved closer to me as she shot me a worried look and Richard glanced at me. I smiled at them but still cradled my right arm. Neil wrapped his arm around me to keep me steady.

I looked at Tanya and Kate who were being restrained. Edward spoke to them softly "No if you attack now. We will all die.". They calmed down and were released. I looked at them sadly. They lost a sister.

I watched the the Volturi, anxious for their next move.