Chapter 1

I am living in an era where technology is so advanced that you could revive a dead person whether natural death or fatal accident by transferring his or her thoughts and soul to an artificial man-made human body if you are rich enough. That could only mean stinking rich people could live pretty long and hospitals be sucking their money. Kudos to that genious because rich bastards are practically immortal.

     I sat boredly on my chair, glancing out through my window every now and then but the view outside wasn't as magnificent as you think— just gigantic craters and red mountains in the horizon and skyscrapers littering the lands.

   Craters? Red mountains?

     Okay from here on, I need to tell you that we don't inhabit a planet supposedly named "Earth", which according to my History book destroyed by our nice ancestors, anymore. We are living on Mars, in an enormous glass barrier.

     IPhone and Samsung were ancient. Here, we are each given a gadget, Phot (Phone-Bot, such brilliant name), it's voice control function could do everything you want, as long as it's logical. Hungry? Order a pizza and it would be delivered to your doorstep within a minute. Need a shower? It can teleport you to the bathroom, but scientists are still working on that so use it at your own risk! Poor Bob is trapped in cyberspace seemingly forever.

     The hologram came on, same typical news again.

"Two troublemaking boys Ejected after several warnings not heeded."

"List of newborns and their assigned Friends…"

Lesley and Judas, same age, were my Friends. Lesley was a soft-spoken, beautiful and smart girl that no male could help but fall for her. She usually wear a casual dress and read books whenever she had free time. Judas, however, was a active, funny and cheeky boy. He wore his snapback backwards which he thought was swag, made lame jokes and was usually found in Sports Area.

   Weird, they should be here in my apartment at this time already.

      Just then, my Phot rang and behind the line was a terrified voice.

   "Anne you need to come down to the City Hall office right now. Judas got into trouble again and this time, the Judgers are debating whether to Eject him or not!" Lesley fumbled with her words, trying not to have a nervous breakdown through the line.

   "Good job to him. I'll be there in a second"

It wasn't the first time Judas got into trouble but this time, he's in serious deepcrap.

    And everyone knew that being Ejected was something— a punishment— beyond terrible.