Phase Sixteen: Relinquish

Guiseppe's humble abode gave a warm homey feel. The walls were stones in white staggering each other making its wooden furnitures and terracotta tiles accentuate the space. The most interesting part of the house was his dining area; In the centre was a long dark oak dining table with matching chairs. Across it was an open kitchen with another dark oak wooden table with drawers by side. The table had remnants of flour in the centre giving a hint on what he prefers to do in his kitchen. The giveaway was a huge masonry oven which completed the traditional Italian kitchen.

" Such a shame that the kids went to Milan today..but they will be back tomorrow..hopefully.", Guiseppe started as he twirled his pasta with his fork.

He has prepared them carbonara after ranting about a video that he saw. He said the traditional way of cooking carbonara in the said video was disrespected. Both of them could only giggle while listening to his tirade.

" It's okay. Let them have fun.. ", Dylan smiled at him.

" You want some more, moon? ", Dylan asked Yue after noticing her plate was almost empty.

Yue just nodded while smiling but her eyes went bigger as she took notice on how much pasta Dylan has placed on her plate.

" Bao!! No!! That's too much already! ", Yue complained as she swatted his hand to stop.

" No. You have to eat more..", Dylan insisted.

" I love this so much but it's like a whole new serving! I don't want to leave an impression to Guiseppe that I don't like his cooking because I couldn't finish this. Also, yours is half empty as well. It's not fair. You should add some on your plate! ", Yue pouted.

" Tsk. Okay..okay.. I'll take some from you. Don't be grumpy now. ", taking Yue's hand and kissed it lightly as he transferred some of the pasta to his plate.

Without them noticing, Guiseppe was observing them while smiling.

" You both reminded me of me and my wife when we were young...till now actually... Not being aware of the surroundings as we just focus on each other..because that's all that matters...", he teased.

Yue was blushing furiously now while Dylan tried to suppress his giddy smile.

" I am so happy to see how happy you are now my boy. ", Guissepe added.

Dylan knew what he meant and he gave him a meaningful smile.

_______________________________

It was dawn when Yue suddenly woke up. She was still sleepy but she couldn't bring herself back to sleep. She decided to head down to the kitchen to get some water. Hoping that would help her get back to her slumber.

As she reached the kitchen, she was taken aback from the sight that has welcomed her. There stood Dylan looking sinful as ever. Too focused on what he was doing that he didn't took notice of her. His hair was in a half bun, while some of his stubborn hair framing his face. His sleeves rolled up and hung by his shoulders, showing a hint of his slightly toned arms that was a bit moist due to sweat as his back was facing the oven that was now lighted up. He was currently kneading a dough, his hands flexed while doing all the work. Flipping, folding and massaging.. trying to form them into equal parts.

Why does he look always look so good no matter what he does..

That sight alone left Yue feel suffocated. True to her clumsy self, she made an involuntarily cough. Causing Dylan to startle and shifted his attention to whoever made that sound.

He doesn't know whether he was thankful for looking up or regretting it. A blushing Yue greeted him, who was only wearing a polka dot pajamas and a blush pink cami top, hair slightly disheveled from her slumber. It didn't help when she was chewing her lip unconsciously. Now he doesn't know how to continue his baking with such a tempting sight beheld him.