goodbye

au where rika actually passed away and mint eye and all that stuff dont exist and saeran lives with seven. rika and v are together and their relationship ain't toxic. rika is also getting professional help. rika is trying to be a better person (she's not abusive in this au)

tw: mentions of death, implied death, angst(?)

y/n spent hours laying in rika's bed. she had known that rika was mentally ill. she had helped her try to overcome it.

they were close friends and nothing could ever break their bond.

many hours ago y/n recieved a letter from rika.

dear y/n,
        before i say anything, i just want to thank you. thank you, for being there for me, for sticking with me even on my darkest days and, thank you for being my friend. when you recieve this letter, then you should know that i have left this world. please forgive me for not being strong enough. i'm truly sorry for letting my demons win. please know that i will never forget the memories we made. i just wanted to let you know that i cherished the friendship we have and that i will never forget you. my last favor that i ask from you is, to never stop being yourself. you are a beautiful and kind person, you made me feel like i belonged. so, please, never forget that there are people out there who loves you and they care. please take care of yourself for me.
                                               your friend,
                                                              rika

y/n was completely devastated. she did everything in her power to help her friend overcome her illness. everyone in the rfa tried their best to help her.

she and rika were best of friends since middle school. in high school, y/n had noticed rika's change in behavior and had asked her what was wrong.

y/n had been spending most of her time in college helping her best friend. rika was slowly becoming better.

one day, v had to move to (insert random place) due to his job while rika stayed back in korea.

rika returned back to her former state, isolated and depressed. y/n would visit her apartment almost everyday, usually bringing food along for them to eat.

back to present-day, y/n was laying down on rika's empty bed. her apartmant didn't changed at all but, the only thing missing was, rika.

y/n spent hours crying on her departed friend's bed. her phone eas spammed with unread messages from the rfa asking her if she was okay. the answer was extremely obvious, she was not okay.

a few days later she had opened up the rfa app once again.

everyone was there, all worried about y/n's well-being. she seemed to be holding up well than a few days ago.

y/n slowly returned to normal but a small piece of her died out when rika had left the world but, she returned to her usual state.

many weeks later y/n was back to normal, kind and happy-go-lucky, which was exceptionally fast. but she didn't do it for herself, she did for rika.

a/n
does this count as angst? dunno lmao. but i hope u guys enjoy this? i thought of this at church for some reason dont @ me lolol this is rushed so ignore the grammar mistakes or just tell me lol also it's not an x reader its just rika x friend!reader so yea

-potato out! -3-