2

Jay didn't have much to say after his little interrogation so after a couple of minutes of silence and snacking I decided to leave and get a ride home from Jay's butler, courtesy of Jay himself.

When I got home my husband was already there on the couch watching something on Netflix and after slipping off my shoes and hanging my jacket I joined him. Everything was going fine, I didn't really understand what was happening but as I watched things slowly came together, just like me and my husband. He was trying to be subtle as he slowly closed the space between us on the couch so I played coy and dismissed it. When he finally got shoulder to shoulder with me his hand rested on my thigh, once again I dismissed it. This wasn't unusual as he would constantly try to seduce me with his advances but I knew the inevitable outcome, I would say no, he would say fine, I'd move away, and we'd continue to watch the show.

And as usual his hand slowly slid up my thigh, headed to my no-no zone. Before it got to it's destination though, I grabbed it and intertwined our fingers. Trial one, fail, next it'd be kisses. And as if on cue he started to trail kisses down my neck. "No, I'm trying to watch the show." I scolded him as I pushed his face away.

"I know something way more interesting." He said in a low whisper near my ear.

"I doubt it now stop please." I denied, once again pushing his face away.

He scoffed and moved back, giving me a hard glare.

"What is your problem?"

"I don't have a problem."

"Damnit Daniel! I'm a man whose needs need to be met! Jesus! You're my husband!"

"I know that! But I'm not ready!"

"You're never ready! I might as well go to a club and find someone that is!"

"But you wouldn't."

"I might as well! If you're not gonna do it then I have every right to go see other people! Are you really ok with someone else doing your job?!"

"N-no of course not bu-"

"Then you should be more than willing to help me! You're my husband!"

"Y-yeah well you're MY husband! YOU should be more than willing to wait for me! For when I'M ready!"

"Daniel it's been nine years because I've been faithful to your pathetic ass! I haven't gotten laid for nine fucking years! Waiting for you! Don't you think I've waited long enough?!" 

"No! Because I'm not ready still! And as my husband you should be ok with that! My love and affection should be enough for you!"

"Sex IS love and affection and I haven't gotten any of that from you!"

These words struck Daniel hard. His husband never thought of the things Daniel DID do for him as love. The late nights waiting for him to come home so he could ask about his day, waking up early to make him a lunch his coworkers could never get, worrying about how his husband was doing at work even though he had a job of his own to be concerned with, these were all just nothing to him. They were things Daniel was just supposed to do. It hurt. Every bit of sacrifice gone to waste.

"I'm done with this conversation. I'm going out, I need a drink." His husband said as he walked towards the door grabbing his coat. He slung his head over his shoulder and looked back at his crying husband. "And don't wait up for me."

With that, he left. Leaving a broken Daniel to cry alone in the small apartment.
Why couldn't he have just said ok and let things take their course? Why did he have to be so adamant about saving himself? Obviously his husband wouldn't leave him as he's stayed by Daniel's side all this time, cold turkey. So why is he not ready?

Could Jay have been right?

It's really bad 😓