10. first quidditch match

     QUIDDITCH SEASON HAD BEGUN

Harper was happy that Hermione had joined them—it was more fun that way. Besides, since she and Harry were busy with Quidditch and homework, Hermione was helping them so they didn't fail.

Oliver was training them non-stop and Harper was getting tired. It was often that Hermione found her laying asleep on her finished homework. Hermione would then carefully put Harper's homework in her bag and lead her to her bed. Harper would always thank her for that the morning after.

Harper had seen Cedric in the halls sometimes, laughing with his friends. He would always smile at her and nod. She would smile back and walk past him. Sometimes she could feel his eyes staring in her back but she could just have been imagining that, she was, after all, sleeping on her feet from Quidditch.

Harry and Harper had been reading Quidditch Through the Ages in the Courtyard, until Professor Snape came by and took five points from Gryffindor because they supposedly broke a rule.

Harry went to the staff room to ask his book back but Harper didn't really have a good feeling about it.

When he didn't came back ten minutes later, Harper decided to check up on him. Hermione looked up. "Where are you going?"

"To see if Harry's all right. Wanna join me?"

Ron stood up. "I'll come with you. Hermione?" he asked, looking down at her. "You coming?"

She sighed but laid eventually her book away.

The three of them left the commen room and collided with a certain dark haired boy.

"Oof! Harry!"

Harper took a step back and tried to hold her balance. "How did it go?" she asked him while looking up. "Did you get the book back?"

"No," he replied, shaking his head and he then told them what he had seen. About Snape threatening Quirrel.

"You know what this means?" Harry whispered to them. "He tried to get past the three-headed dog at Halloween! He's after whatever it's guarding! And I bet he let that troll in as a distraction!"