Chapter One: Upon the ship

There was a loud squawking. Ari instantly shot up and hit his head off the roof of his bunk. He scowled as he held the back of his head.
"Ow! Shit!" The young Captain's parrot tweeted in response. He sat on the edge of his bed and ran his hand through his messy hair. "Guess it's time to start another day, aye, Daisy?" The Captain questioned. Daisy squawked once again. Ari grabbed his hook and eye patch before adjusting them, getting to his feet, and snatched his hat on the way out of the door.

As he exited his cabin, Ari squinted his eyes against the sunshine. He looked out across the deck, seeking most of his crew already out and about. "Damn, how long was I out for?" he muttered.
"About ten hours, Sir." Ari jumped, whipping his head around and let out a sigh of relief. It was only his first mate, Milo.
"And why didn't anyone wake me up?" The young captain asked. Milo let out a hardy laugh. "You'd have somebody's head if they tired to wake you, Sir. The last time you almost had Jacob split his britches."  Ari rolled his eyes and sighed in annoyance. "Har, Har, very funny Milo. I'll have you know I had a hang over that one time. It's never happened sense."
"Yeah, sure it has." Milo muttered. The Captain glared at him, he wasn't in the best mood this morning. He hasn't actually been in that great of a mood for a few weeks now.

Before another word was exchanged Daisy flew onto Milo's head and started pecking him. "Sir, please get your bird!" He shouted as he tired using his hat for cover. This made Ari laugh and lightened his mood slightly. "Daisy, come." The captain ordered. Daisy tweeted and tilted her head. She looked at her owner for a moment and stopped. The parrot pecked once more before flying back to his shoulder.

Milo cleared his throat. Then fixed his hat and hair. "You really should teach that thing to not attack me all the time." The male muttered. Ari shrugged. "You should be used to her by now. Maybe if you'd make up with Daisy she wouldn't attack you." There was another pause between the men before Milo broke it. "Anyway, would you like the report of what's been happening." He asked. Ari nodded as the two walked to the front of the ship;listening to the report on how the journey was progressing.