Twenty Four: Friheten

Dan POV:

I am one of those people who doesn't usually swear around youth.

Usually.

Today Laura and I are building an IKEA couch because the old one was a bit tired. By that, I mean that I cannot stand looking at it and there's an irreversible dent from where I slouch on my laptop for hours and hours on end.

I picked out the couch about a month ago and the parts have been sitting in the spare bedroom until now. It's called a Friheten. I got it in dark grey. It starts off as an L shape, but folds out into a full bed with a storage container. It's amazing.

I thought that since all of my friends have put together IKEA couches in the past, it should be a quick afternoon.

Instead, he have a hellfest of blood, sweat, and a couple near-tear experiences. I am warning you to never put one of these lads together. Ever.

Laura is currently sitting in despair and disbelief, watching an incomprehensible YouTube tutorial.  Neither of us have spoken in a half hour.

"This is truly Frihetening," Laura says, trying to lift the mood with a mediocre at best pun. 

I stop screw-driving something in and stare at her dramatically. "Are you shi-kidding me?"

Laura gives me a slightly more dramatic stare, rolls her eyes, and then gets back to work. She mutters something under her breath about finally understanding something. 

"You're putting that in the wrong hole," Laura says, picking up the instructions.

"That's what she said."

-

Short, but idc