Distance: 19

February and Valentines came and went, and pretty soon it turned into March. Blaine and Kurt had grown even more close in the past month. They went on a date once a week, and Blaine even babysat Ariel a few times, when Quinn couldn't babysit. Santana and Brittany had began getting more serious about each other, and Santana was possibly thinking about asking Brittany to move out with her into a different apartment. Although she hadn't told Blaine of her plans yet, knowing it would break Blaine's heart into more than a million pieces.

But then things began to take a different turn. So when Kurt got an unexpected visit from someone at his door one night while Blaine was over for a Thursday date night, Kurt was shocked on who it was.

Kurt smiled, only frowning when he heard the door bell ring alerting them of a visitor. "Coming!!" Kurt called, walking towards the door. Who the hell would be knocking on his door at nighttime? He pulled the door open. "Look i'm sorry but my computer is perfectly fine."

"I'm actually looking for a Kurt Hummel." Kurt looked up his eyes widening. "Oh hi. Umm, I don't know if you remember me, but my name is Angie Rockler. I gave my baby up for adoption almost a year ago." She explained. "I was told that you were possibly the adoptive parent, correct?"

Kurt frowned nervously. He looked at her rubbing his eyes before he shouted to Blaine. "Blaine!! Take her into my bedroom and don't bring her out until I say." Kurt turned back to the women at hand, stepping out of his apartment closing the door behind him as he crossed his arms. "What the hell do you want? And why are you here?"

Angie opened her mouth to speak. "I want to see my daughter." Angie snarled suddenly deciding she wasn't going to play nice.

Kurt rolled her eyes. "How did you find out where I live?" Kurt growled back clearly annoyed.

"It's easy." She grinned evilly. She wasn't any older than twenty. "I want to see my daughter!!"

Kurt glared daggers back at her. If looks could kill, she would be dead already. "She's not your duaghter anymore!" Kurt shouted back. "You gave up your parental rights when you decided you didn't want your own fucking baby!! So leave."

Angie frowned willing tears to come to her eyes. "Asshole." She muttered before turning back to him. "I just want to see her once."

Kurt narrowed his eyes on her. "I'll think about it. Now leave."

When Kurt went back into his apartment locking the door, he effectively went straight the sound of Ariel's crying and Blaine's calming voice soothing her to sleep. He smiled as he walked inside, sitting down beside Blaine as Ariel let out a small snore once she had fallen asleep. "Who was that women?"

"Ariel's biological mother, she wants to meet her." Kurt sighed running a hand through his hair while he leaned into his boyfriends side.

"What did you say?" Blaine questioned.

"I told I would get back to her, because I wasn't sure?" Kurt smiled. "What if Ariel loves her more than me?"

"That's impossible. Your too lovable to not love." Blaine chuckled.

"So you love me?" Kurt asked teasingly.

"Sooooo, what's for supper?" Blaine grinned effectively changing the subject.

••••                                 ••••                                  ••••

Ariel stared in amazement of the decorations that were around the room. She grinned sitting up by herself on the living room floor as she tugged and pulled on a balloon that said 'happy 1st birthday, Ariel'. Blaine and Kurt had set the whole thing up together over two weeks. They had invited, Santana and Brittany, Quinn and her boyfriend Ryan, where Kurt had bomboarded Ryan about everything, to decide if he was suitable enough for his best friend. Burt and Carole came to visit for two days, and then a few of Kurt's work friends from Vogue came for awhile.

Kurt smiled kneeling down beside Ariel. "Okay baby girl, let's have some cake?" Kurt chuckled when Ariel grinned back at him oblivious to what was happening around her. Kurt set her in her high chair, nodding to Blaine when he motioned towards the cake he was currently holding with candles lit up. Kurt mouthed, '1.... 2.... 3....' before they began singing.

Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday dear Ariel
Happy birthday to you.

They all smiled clapping while Ariel reached a hand towards the candle lit with fire, obviously entranced by it. Blaine's eyes widened. "No! Ariel!" Blaine shouted worriedly grabbing onto her hand. "We don't touch candles, okay sweetheart?" He kissed her hand 'helping' her blow the candles out. Kurt smiled softly meeting his eyes with Burt. He had told his dad a few weeks ago when asking for him to come to Ariel's birthday, that he was currently dating Blaine Anderson.

Ariel pouted. But only for a little bit, because as soon as a piece of cake was infront of her, all of it was forgotten and suddenly her hands were mushed into the cake and she was shovelling it into her mouth. It was almost as if she thought it would disappear if she didn't. Kurt scrunched his nose up, as Blaine handed him plates to pass to all of the guests.

Once the whole cake was finished with only two pieces left for Blaine and Kurt. Blaine took Ariel to her room to clean her up and change her, while the others got her presents organized. The stack of presents was high, and Kurt no doubt knew she would be excited about all of them.

She opened them one by one. She ended up with new clothes, shoes, dolls, and even ended up with a new kitchen set, included with pots and pans. Kurt got her a bunch of toys and a new outfit for her first day of playschool tomorrow, she was absulutely terrified to go too. Blaine bought her a new learning bike, that she could learn to ride in two years.

______________________

A/N

I literally wrote this while I wasn't feeling good so I really hope it's actually alright and makes sense :))

comment, vote.... etc

- Alysha