'ONE'

O N E

O N E

Ryan woke up in a cold sweat, she turned to her clock to see it was early dawn. The type of night where no one in their right mind would be awake unless for the purpose of work. Ryan wanted to go to back to sleep but nevertheless was unable to after ten minutes. She got out of bed, walked to her desk, and turned on the lamp. She began to write two letters, to one person who she knew would answer and to write another who she hope just even read it. Once she was done with writing the letters she quickly read them over and gave them to her owl to send them out.

"Ivory & Eliza,

  As I write this letter it is early morning and our last ever first day, it's so weird to think that only a couple of years ago we met for the first time. this summer has been so boring with you guys here. I'm excited to see you both so we can talk about what you guys have been up too. I hope once we get back to hogwarts I can get some better sleep, but seeing as for most of my life I haven't been able to get good sleep. oh how I miss your magical tea, Eliza. Your tea is the only thing that keeps me asleep. I ran out of it after the first couple of weeks of break. please bring some, maybe I can sleep on the train! I do know you have been busy to the point where you can't answer our letters, Ivory and I have been very upset that you haven't been able to write back but we do understand. The sun is rising and I still haven't packed so I should start doing that. I hope the letters will get to you guys in time, please feed Ringo. Can't wait to see you!

Love, Ryan"

Ryan quickly put her letters in there envelopes. She than opened her window and gave her letters to her owl, Ringo who took them and flew out the window. Ryan then opened a drawer which held around six books, she then picked out one book with black leather. Ryan opened the black book and started writing.

"Dear Ryan Rosemary Brooks-Hanks,

I have woken up early once again. I have sent out two identical letters to Ivory and Eliza. Eliza hasn't sent out one letter during the entirety of summer break. This is unlike her, I hope she's alright. She said before break that her family would be taking a trip but I didn't know it would be the whole summer. Ivory of course has answered my letters, I wish she didn't live so far, but lucky for her I guess she lives in Scotland so she's close to hogwarts. Letters can only do so much, I really do miss them both. This whole summer I spent thinking of Eliza. How pathetic is that, I'm in love with my best friend. The sad part is that I'm sure it's not going to happen, I mean she hasn't answered my letters or calls all summer. Ivory says that Eliza is most likely just busy, I hope she's okay, I miss her. Ivory wants me to tell Eliza how I feel during the train ride, so I can get all my 'unreleased emotions' out, her words not mine. I've been thinking about doing that but I have doubt of course. I'm not even sure if she likes me back, or girls in general. On a lighter note today is my last first day of school. I have yet to pack so I should probably do that soon, but I have time. Not really, I should actually start packing. I will write soon.