⭐️9⭐️

It was about 3 am when Brooke hopped out of the ambulance, waiting for Rich to stumble up behind her. "Thank you guys again, ahah."

Kurt nodded, waving his hand slightly. "Anytime. Just, uh, take care of yourselves, okay? We're expecting you back in exactly 30 days."

Rich nodded slowly, crossing his arms from the chilly breeze. He was only wearing a tank top. Brooke noticed and slipped her bloody sweater off, wrapping it around Rich.

"We will, thank you." Brooke nodded, smiling one last time before watching them drive off. She turned to Rich and sighed. "We should get inside. I already called that bodyguard I knew- Dustin, I think- and told him we'd be coming. I'm sure the whole castle saw the ambulance anyway."

"I can't believe that actually happened." Rich looked down as he walked, leaning into Brooke. Brooke slid an arm over his shoulder, bringing him closer. Their feet pitter-pattered against the stone walkway.

"Ah, well, me too." Brooke looked at the sky, the dark purple being spotted with stars. "Me too."

"I swear to God, if they're still awake.." Rich chuckled, rubbing his eyes. "They wouldn't be."

Brooke didn't respond, just focused her eyes on the door. A lot had changed since they came to this kingdom. Her new best friend was Rich Goranski- she practically couldn't talk to Chloe without being mad, or, well, without blushing. She hated to admit it; Chloe was the whole reason Rich could possibly die. Her own feelings didn't matter, and probably never would.

"Brooke? You okay? You zoned out." Rich tapped her softly. Brooke shook her head, sniffing.

"Yeah, sorry. Don't worry about me." Brooke didn't even need to try and fake a smile like she always did. It was too dark for Rich to see her expression.

They arrived at the gates of the castle, being greeted by the guards awaiting any visitors. She never understood how people could work through the night. "Dustin told us you'd be coming. Plus we saw the ambulance. Everything okay?" The guard on the left spoke, making Brooke scoff.

"It isn't your business. Let us in. I'm tired." She furrowed her eyebrows, and the guard groaned softly, moving aside.

"Whatever. Go on." He gestured to the entrance, and Brooke nodded, walking inside and gripping Rich tight.

When they walked in, they were greeted by a pacing Jake and a worried Chloe.

"Where the fuck are they? They weren't kidnapped, right?" Jake said, not noticing the pair.

"That's the tenth time you've asked me th- Brooke!" Chloe smiled, running over to the two. She was about to hug her, when she noticed their bloodstained clothes and the sweater resting on Rich's arms. "Did you fucking murder someone?"

Jake was stopped in his pacing position, one leg up and prepared to step forward. He didn't say anything, just lowered his eyebrows in some sort of upset way- mad, sad, worried, scared, Rich didn't know. He didn't say anything, just paused to listen intently.

"Oh yes." Rich frowned, taking off the sweater and handing it to Brooke. "We had so much fun." His tone was dry as he stared Chloe right in the eye, making her twitch.

"Don't be a bitch." Chloe sneered. "If you weren't killing someone, where were you?"

Jake finally opened his mouth. "Yeah, where were you?"

"Hospital. Didn't see the ambulance, huh?" Brooke turned to Jake. "Just as blind as always."

Rich looked down immediately, examining his shirt. Jake gasped, clenching his hands into fists. "What do you mean, blind? I can see perfectly fine."