Chapter 19

"Alright so i like your idea on the society thing we just need to put in into project form.." Luke says while taking his stuff out from his backpack.

But i dont listen to him instead im just thinking. And what specifically? Everything. From the shooting at the cliff, the kidnapping, Luke acting weird, and me being paranoid. Just so many things are changing around here and im not liking it. I mean look at me. I havent properly been on the streets in over a week and that's not okay. 

Hell.

I've been barely training. Sure I've done a few excersises here and there but i haven't been fully into it, you know?

"Hello..Riley?" Luke waves in front of my face trying to get my attention.

I shake my head and blink feriously, "W-what? Sorry what were you saying?"

Luke sighs, "Seriously Riley.."

"Ugh im sorry." I say and try to focus on the project laying out in front of me but i cant seem to get my eye sight right.

Out of the corner of my eye i see Luke fiddling with his hands in his lap. I wonder what the hell is up with him.

"What is it Luke?"

He quickly lifts up his head and look at me with his big blue innocent eyes.

"N-nothing. Just thinking." He pauses for second before saying, "What is it with you Riley?"

"W-what?" I stutter.

Luke gulps as if preparing himself for what he is about to say, "Well...you've been acting weird, you have bruises, and you are closed off. I-it makes a person wonder you know? Like what the hell is going on with them? B-but it's something worse for you isn't it Riley?"

I sigh, "Luke what the hell are you trying to say.."

I'm starting to get worried. Does he know? How did he find out? What does he know?

"I-i don't know what I'm saying. Just you seemed scared today Riley. I'm worried." Luke genuinely says.

No. No. No. No. He cannot be worried about me.

I sit up from my laying on my stomach position, "Luke there's nothing to worry about."

Luke sits up too, "Yes there is Riley you just don't have the guts to tell me the truth!"

I spread my arms out, "There's nothing to tell Luke!" I scream.

We are both standing up now face to face. Both breathing heavily and both staring intently at each other.

I look down at my feet and break eye contact first cause i don't think i can handle looking into his blue eyes any longer without breaking down. I hear Luke come closer to me and see his feet come into view of where i was looking on the ground.

I lift my head up and see that he is now centimeters away from me. My breaths quicken and my heart beat gets faster. Why is he making me feel like this? Like i cant breathe. Like i cant function properly. Like there are little caterpillars in my stomach.

He lifts a hand to my face and caresses it with his thumb, "You can trust me." He states.

"Can i?" I whisper.

He nods, "Yeah."

And before i can get another word out his lips come crashing down onto mine. My eyes go wide for a second but then wrap my arms around his neck. Molding my lips perfectly with his we move in sync.

What am i doing? I shouldn't be encouraging this. I should be pushing him away, making sure this doesn't go any further. But i cant seem to do that. Part of me wants to slap him but the other just wants to rip his clothes off.